Auto hitch height and hydraulic legs not retracting

sau4u

Hello all. Proud new owner of a BHTR 39MB. It has the Lippart level up on touch system. I have never used a level up system before. I have read the manuals and understand hydraulics. After I disconnect the truck, pull it away and do the auto level, all is fine. But when I hit the hitch height button the middle jacks come up all the way. The rear drivers side jack comes up about 3 inchs and stops. The rear passenger jack stays on the ground. The trailer then raises to the auto hitch height. I am concerned with having the rear jacks staying down and the trailer goes high on the front that it is putting alot of stress on rear jacks. Can anyone offer any advice. Thanks in advance.

jimtoo

HI sau4u,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club, it’s free now. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

I'm sure some of our other members that have the level-up will jump in soon with some info for you.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

danemayer

Hi Sau4u,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure someone will chime in with some feedback shortly.

PondSkum

I'm not sure if that's how it is supposed to work, as my Auto level system hasn't worked since I bought it. But I don't think it will hurt the rear jack touching the ground, as long as the middle jacks are up. From my understanding, the middle and rear jacks are tied together on each side, so the fluid can move from one to the other as needed. Do the rear jacks retract when you are finished hitching the truck back up and press the retract all button?

sau4u

Much appreciated for the response. I got ahold of lippart yesterday and they said how mine is is how its supposed to work. Like you said as long as the middle comes up there should be no extra force put on the rear as the front raises and it is a connected system. Thanks for the response.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
By chance did you adjust the level or anything after you hit auto level? The return to hitch height function will be disabled if you push any button after you hit auto level. The all jacks retract function should be a completely different function. If you are hitting the return to hitch height buttons and all are auto retracting, I would call Lippert. Here is there info.
[FONT=open_sanslight]Phone: [/FONT]​
5574-537-8900

Rod