Awning issue

Tghoover

Hi all,

A couple of days agp my auto awning wouldn't close, so had to leave it out overnight. Of course we get some wind...

I got it closed but my awning started to part with the RV. Is there a way to slide it back in, see photos

IMG_1353.jpg

jerryjay11

There are videos online that instruct how to replace awnings and they all involve at least two people and you will need to removed it to reinstall the bead back into the track, assuming the bead or the track isn't damaged. The bead of the awning will need to be installed from the end of the track and slide across while someone guides it in.

RoadJunkie

Also, you should read on how to close the awning without relying on the awning motor. Sometimes we get too wrapped up in only operating items with power.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You could try to force it back in a little at a time using a hammer and a homemade wood punch. It will be tedious and a slow processes but it would avoid a 2 or 3 man job of removing it and reinstalling it. You can open up the track a bit to make it easier to get it back in. Make a wood wedge to tap into the track to open it up a bit... Then as you get the tube back into the track use a larger block of wood and a hammer to close it back up to keep it from happening again. DON'T use anything metal or you will scratch and chip the paint.
You will need to roll the awning out a bit with the motor then pull it in with a tie down strap to take any tension off the awning tarp. then you will be able to work with it easily...

This whole processes will be aggravating and tedious but when you are done I think you'll be happy with the results.

Hope this help.

Jerrod