Awning not lining up straight when retracting.

Dee

Hi Folks My 2008 Big Horn has a little awning issue? when I put it up for travel it does not want to line up and go into place right,
I have been told to try to slide it one way or another on the tube and try that? did not seem to work for me?
Any thoughts? it is only off by about 1/2 " but that is enough for it not to seat properly.
Dee

MTPockets

Mine has done that a couple times. You need to slide/adjust it in the track on the trailer. Mine had a screw near each end that had to be removed in order to slide. When you get it lined up so it rolls straight, replace the screws.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sliding it on the trailer or the tube will have the same end effect. The key thing is to only slide it as far as needed. On mine, the left awning arm does not quite clear the top of the upper mounting bracket so I have to lift it just a bit to fully close it. Once you find the sweet spot, make a mark on the awning tube at the edge of the fabric so you can make it easier for the next time.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Is it the result of the awning not rolling up centered or is one of the arms out of alignment. Mine does that, as well.The top of the forward arm doesn't quite seat, so I get in the truck bed and smack it into position. I have traveled with it slightly out of position, with no problem, however.

whp4262

My awning goes pretty much to each end of the tube so not much adjustment there. I went up on the roof and adjusted the awning in the track on the trailer until it would roll up straight.