B&W Companion Hitch - Gooseneck Style

chasdvorak

We got a new truck and had to find a hitch to match a B&W Turnball Gooseneck. I got some really good input from a previous post and narrowed it down to the Andersen Ultimate and B&W Companion which both had great reviews by their owners. I selected the Companion because I'm not the greatest at backing onto a ball hitch (travel trailer days) and I'm not the pioneer that I thought I was. That said, kudos to all for the input....the value of this forum is nothing short of incredible.

I'm looking for some additional input on installing the Companion. TravelTiger mentioned that he mounted his hitch in the lowest position due to the height of his truck bed. The hitch has several mounting holes for height and front/back bed position. Anyone mount this hitch in a 2015 Chevy Siverado 3500 / 2009 BH 3580RL or similar??? I know I might have to tweak it once I hitch up, but a starting point may help.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck Dvorak

Ladiver

Chuck,

I have the B&W Turnover Ball with Companion mounted in my 2013 GMC3500. The measurements are probably the same as the 2015 Chevy 3500 (higher rails). I have the hitch pretty much as high as it can go, so I can clear the rails. I still only get 4-6 inches of clearance with my Cyclone. I will try and get some pics for you.

Jeff

8amps

We have the B&W Companion and really like it. One nice feature is that the truck side of the hitch has a cut out so you can watch as your backing up to line things up. I had grand illusions I was just so good at directing DH but it turns out he could see it the whole time! No wonder it was so easy! :) However, if you have an auxiliary tank or bed cover it will block this view. We have a 2007 GMC 3500 Long Bed Dually with what seems to me to be plenty of clearance. I'll measure next time I am at camper.