Back deck

OEFVET

The bungie method works great and it's simple to set up. I have found that you can experiment with finding just the right size from one of those packs that come with multiple sizes and colors. Yellow seems to work best for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Something is wrong. The ramp should not have water in it. Mine never has. While it is heavy it's not that heavy. I'm guessing 75 lbs max. Try this, mine when lowered will not go all the way to the ground. The springs stop it. It usually stops about a 6" to a foot in the air. That's not dropping it but lowering it easy and letting it stop on it's own. If you take the deck railings off it stops about level....

Agree!!

TX_Clay

Something is wrong. The ramp should not have water in it. Mine never has. While it is heavy it's not that heavy. I'm guessing 75 lbs max. Try this, mine when lowered will not go all the way to the ground. The springs stop it. It usually stops about a 6" to a foot in the air. That's not dropping it but lowering it easy and letting it stop on it's own. If you take the deck railings off it stops about level....

That is exactly how mine is as well. I don't have any rails, but when I let it seek its own level. It is about 4"to 6" off the ground. Maybe 30 to 40 lbs. when I lift it back up. I can one arm it, but why when I have two?

Jim-Lynn

Your dealer might be a nice guy, but you should not have water in the rear ramp or side patio. I have had BOTH of mine replaced as they went mushy. They are made by Lippert and we have no issues getting replaced, side patio was in June and the rear ramp in October. I would call Heartland or contact another Heartland dealer for 2nd opinion.
Best of luck
Jim

OEFVET

And while your at lippert get a window or two installed at no charge. Oh I forgot, that NEVER happened.

Sent by NY Horse Holder

oscar

Mine has no water in it, but I still have to muscle it as two out of the six springs have broken.... Top quality steel my butt.

oscar

Re: ATF: Cyclone - Toy hauler ramp helper springs

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope she feels better soon.

My door has always required considerable force to open/close. 100 pounds sounds about right, and yes, you better be ready when it comes down. It didn't get any easier when two out of the 6 springs broke.....The cheap steel snapped clean into two pieces and they are thus now useless. You may want to check that yours are all in one piece.

Also, there have been some cases of water intrusion into the doors. Aside from the fact that they then rot and fail, it would add a lot of weight. Hard to check for though. A sophisticated moisture meter with a skilled operator MAY rule this out.

If I were to use mine a lot, or not have the strength to operate it, I would consider installing an electric winch. Should be able to do that relatively cheaply.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 2.34.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 2.34.00 PM.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 28