back flushed big horn 3160 any nothing came out

scottknight1

I flushed the black water tank with my macerator. Then poured water through back flush valve but didn’t get more black water out of the 3” pipe. I wouldn’t think I need to add 30-40 gallons.

Any tips ?

Thx

LBR

Fluids cannot just drain thru the macerator when it's off....you always have to energize it for fluids to drain past it.

scottknight1

sorry for the confusion... I wasn't getting any water at all filling up the clear glass 3" pipe that is before my valterra valve.....

Hollandt

I flushed the black water tank with my macerator. Then poured water through back flush valve but didn’t get more black water out of the 3” pipe. I wouldn’t think I need to add 30-40 gallons.

Any tips ?

Thx
I am confused with your comment "poured water into Backflush" The blackflush system is designed to be used with pressurized water from a hose. It have a multi hole nozzle that sprays several areas in the tank with high pressure. In addition to this after the initial drain, I find it useful to fill the toilet bowel completely full and dump it several times and then drain. Repeat this several times. This water dropping into the tank breaks up the "poop pyramid".

LBR

That addendum helps....sounds now like you added more water for xx minutes thru the factory flushing port to flush the black tank, yet didn't get anymore out? If so:

The flush anti-siphon may have been installed backwards and is the reason. Without a flow meter, you are EXPECTING the water going into the tank, but the valve is stopping water-flow being backwards.