Back in MI and Freezing

Theresau

We were at Williston Crossings from mid-November until Thursday - thought we'd better get moving considering the forecasted weather. Drove straight through and hit our MI home around midnight (BC still at Williston). Will be here for about 2 weeks.

Hard to get FL out of our mind especially since it's freezing here and there is all kinds of snow on the ground that Joe has to snow blow now. What a welcome home!!!

Have to admit it is pretty but.....................

This is the first year that we'll winter in FL like this - picked a good one to do so........

priorguy

Time to turn the sour grapes into wine. I'd miss the snow if I was away from it. Makes camping season like Christmas morning when it finally arrives. Eastern Ontario weather is pretty similar to Michigan. It's a pain to shovel or commute in but when I take the boys to the toboggan hill it is so much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theresau

We're holding up ok. It's been pretty to look at but it's been incredibly cold. Warmed up but now they are predicting freezing rain.

Time to turn the sour grapes into wine. I'd miss the snow if I was away from it. Makes camping season like Christmas morning when it finally arrives. Eastern Ontario weather is pretty similar to Michigan. It's a pain to shovel or commute in but when I take the boys to the toboggan hill it is so much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Today in mid-Michigan it was low 30's and drizzle. Looks like the big freezing rain they threatened for our area didn't happen. The "nice" snow cover we had is looking kinda dismal now. For a while, though, it was bitterly cold (for this area). No biggie if you know how to layer. I've been to a lot of places, but I still prefer Michigan any time of year.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: Back in MI and Freezing . . .

I do miss a lot of things about Michigan (mainly the lakes, my family and friends still there) and spent 33 of my almost 54 years there . . .

But I wouldn't trade a day in Colorado for Michigan any day!

Love it out here!

The mountains are awesome and the winter weather is . . . awesome! :cool:

Two days ago we had freezing temps and snow . . . tomorrow 60+ degrees and sunshine!

And the snow is already gone!

Of course, I've been to the car wash three times in the last week already . . . :rolleyes:

We are planning on pulling our Trail Runner back there for a camping trip in the next year or two (probably not until I get a new truck) . . .

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's 16 degrees, snowing, and I just got back from a structure fire that dispatched at 0212. Frosty!

Gotta love flannel lined jeans under my turnout pants and UnderArmor socks.