Back Window on a 2015 Ashland mechanism stripped

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Very frustrated!

We bought our Ashland 2015 in December of 2014. I had health issues at the time and did my best to keep the unit warm and ready for 2015. I got better and we went to over 10,000 miles of trips to Disneyworld, Yellowstone, Arizona and California. We do truly love our RV. BUT this fall I noticed that the back window would not close all the way. The round crank seemed to be stripped. Eventually it stopped working all together and there was a 1/8" gap letting cold air into the RV. Well I taped the window closed and about three weeks ago I contacted Heartland customer service about getting this fixed. It was still under warranty. I use to work with Ron Scarbury and all I can say is he was the BEST in getting my issues fixed. After sending him an email (February 5th) I found on February 9th that he no longer serviced my area (southwest, New Mexico). A new gentlemen, Joshua had taken over for him and he sent me an email (February 9th) explaining that to me. He then asked sent me an email stating "Nice to meet you. Sorry to hear about the window issue. Ron is no longer in the West Coast territory. I can have the window crank mechanism sent out at no charge to you. I will only require a photo of the faulty mechanism and an address you will be at for the next 2 weeks." I then sent him three photos of the mechanism and my address. Though all was well. I then got an email on February 11th that stated "I need the measurement of the window please." I then sent him all the measurements including pictures of the complete window and the three modules. On February 15th I got this message "I will need a measurement of the entire window. Length and width please." I then sent on February 16th "35.5 inches tall and 71.5 inches wide". Then on February 17th I got "Thank you I will have the replacement part ordered and sent to you." Looked like we finally got it done BUT then I got on February 18th (today) "Is the crank a 9 1/2” of 7” crank?". The crank is a knob that is neither 9.5 inches or 7 inches. It has now been 13 days and I have spent hours taking pictures and making measurements of an RV that Heartland should know better than me. How many different back windows did they put in a 2015 Ashland? There is only one window that even opens on the back window and only one crank that opens it. I am now worried that I will not have the window fixed before our next trip in March.

mlpeloquin

While still under warranty, i contacted the parts department directly. You will need your VIN number. With that the parts department has a complete list of everything in and on your rig. They should be able to get the proper part to you as they did for me.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
One of our side windows on our Prowler has the round window crank and it doesn't work correctly.

It would spin several times before it would catch and start to open.

Then when closing, it would spin several times . . . then just drops (slams) shut.

It was supposedly fixed while it spent 10 weeks getting warranty repairs done.

Funny . . . it still cranks the same way it did before it was 'fixed'!