Bad Rim #2

Here we go again.
While doing my pre-flight checks this morning before leaving the fairgrounds tomorrow morning, I turned on the TST Tire monitor and low and behold the lead tire on the lead axle on Right side showed 27.5 lbs of air.
Fired up the compressor and topped off tire at 110# and started looking for problems.
Raised the tire off ground with the 6 point level system and spun tire and could find nothing in the tire.
I ask my wife to find an empty spray bottle and mix some dish soap and water for me.
I sprayed the tire and inside of wheel with soapy water and found I have another cracked Aluminum Rim.
Tire pressures where all ok when I arrived 2 weeks ago.
I pulled the wheel and put the spare on.
This is the second Rim I have go bad in 6 months.
I lost one to a crack, while on the road last December, heading to Gulf Shores Alabama for the Winter, now this one.
I plan to order 3 and replace all remaining wheels with new.
I just replaced all 5 Sailun tires 14 months ago, because of date codes, not problems.
Now new rims.
Note to everyone, keep an eye on your rims if your slowly losing air when you reach the 7 year mark.
Hopefully I should be good to go tomorrow morning.

Hockster

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here we go again.
While doing my pre-flight checks this morning before leaving the fairgrounds tomorrow morning, I turned on the TST Tire monitor and low and behold the lead tire on the lead axle on Right side showed 27.5 lbs of air.
Fired up the compressor and topped off tire at 110# and started looking for problems.
Raised the tire off ground with the 6 point level system and spun tire and could find nothing in the tire.
I ask my wife to find an empty spray bottle and mix some dish soap and water for me.
I sprayed the tire and inside of wheel with soapy water and found I have another cracked Aluminum Rim.
Tire pressures where all ok when I arrived 2 weeks ago.
I pulled the wheel and put the spare on.
This is the second Rim I have go bad in 6 months.
I lost one to a crack, while on the road last December, heading to Gulf Shores Alabama for the Winter, now this one.
I plan to order 3 and replace all remaining wheels with new.
I just replaced all 5 Sailun tires 14 months ago, because of date codes, not problems.
Now new rims.
Note to everyone, keep an eye on your rims if your slowly losing air when you reach the 7 year mark.
Hopefully I should be good to go tomorrow morning.

Hockster

The rims should have a lifetime guarantee through Tredit. But I understand if your lost confidence in them. Still a call to Tredit suggesting all these are potentially bad, maybe they can offer a different wheel and better pricing as compensation to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk