BAL tire carrier

Bob Vaughn

I took the tire down this week end and being able to push it back under the camper would take super human strength as I was parked on concrete. I am convinced that little wheels need to be put on the part that touches the ground to assist in getting it back under the camper.....That is going to be my next project.....

pegmikef

Face it folks. It is a piece of poorly designed junk! Who in the world would think of designing something that puts all the weight on one end and locate it in such a manner so that one has to crouch, push, and lift at the same time to get the spare tire in place . . . and then make it flimsy enough so that it flexes while you are lifting and pushing. In my case, since I have G614s that are quite a bit heavier it is actually kind of dangerous. Someone is going to get hurt trying to do what should be a simple routine task!

Bob Vaughn

I took an old bumper jack and cut off the top of it so it would fit under the side of the camper and be able to lift the rack and tire....tomorrow I am going to go to Harbor Freight and pick up two 3" wheels to attach to the bars so it will roll out and back in with less effort....

Bob Vaughn

I went to Harbor Freight and got some wheels and to Ace Hdw. and got some u-bolts and here is how I attached them to the carrier. I still have to tighten the nuts and cut off the excess with my dremel tool but I think it will make getting the carrier with tire back under easier.....
IMG_1018.jpg IMG_1019.jpg IMG_1021.jpg