Banff, Alberta, Canada and parking?

cjb2283

Need your help folks;
So I will be driving from Utah to Alaska this May and planon taking a small detour through Banff, Canada. We will be spending two nights there at a hotel, not campground. I will be having my TT in tow, 35 feet forthe trailer and 20 feet for the truck. The place we planned on staying at does not have trailer parking, justnormal pull in stalls. They said, if it’snot busy I could take up as many parking spots as I need. BUT, that’s IF I can find a big enough gapbetween other patrons’ vehicles. So myquestion is; has anyone gone through there with a trailer before and been ableto find big enough parking? Whether itbe at a hotel or a random parking lot? Is therestreet parking where I could put the trailer without worrying about it? Thank you for any responses in advance!

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I just looked at the Parking Map for Banff and there really is nothing what your looking for. One area showed a maximum of 12 hours but no indication of length concerns. Street parking is really restricted for all vehicles especially during the busy summer months. I realize you are planning to stay in a hotel but the campground has regular bus service to the downtown area. Getting a spot this late might also be difficult. The web site is: https://reservation.pc.gc.ca

Doug

GregP

We have stayed previously in Cochrane AB at Bow River's Edge campground. It is about 100Km (62 miles) from Banff. It is a bit of a drive, but good highway. I believe that they may also have adjacent overflow parking where you could leave your rig while you travel into the Banff area. Parking in the Banff area during peak season can be tight. Just a thought.

brianlajoie

We stayed at [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Spring Creek RV Campground in Canmore. If it isn't all torn down yet (I doubt it), there was some space that could be used to park an RV. We drove to Banff and surrounding area last summer. [/FONT]

cjb2283

Thanks for the ideas and links guys. I did a days worth of searching and research and google maps satellite viewing and found a place in Lake Louise. Lake Louise Inn has a pretty big parking lot and they said I could park on the street if they are too busy. Can't wait for the road trip! This will be my fourth time doing it and I love it.