Basement Ceiling Brackets?

george637

I was thinking of installing ceiling brackets like the ones below in my 3270rs basement to store camping chairs and free up floor space. These brackets are adjustable for height and width. Has anyone done a modification like this? Are any issues with mounting these to the basement ceiling?

george637

I cannot get the picture to download, but I'm attaching a document with the picture and URL address. You could also google "HyLoft 80842-10 Ceiling Storage Kit" to see what they look like.

Attachments

• HyLoft 80842 Ceiling Bracket.docx
    106.2 KB · Views: 116

Lou_and_Bette

I used a couple of simple towel bars attached to the ceiling to hold longer items. Used screws that were the thickest that would fit through the holes in the base of the bars and 3/4" long. Work well to keep things organized.

george637

I used a couple of simple towel bars attached to the ceiling to hold longer items. Used screws that were the thickest that would fit through the holes in the base of the bars and 3/4" long. Work well to keep things organized.

Thanks. Your reply is very helpful. Wasn't sure if it would be good to place screws into the ceiling of the basement. Seems like this would be ok.