Bathroom sink drain stopper question?

lakeside

My bathroom sink drain stopper is only raised up out of the sink about ¼ inches. The sink drains extremely slowly. The gray water tank is empty. Is there an adjustment on the stopper level so that it will be raised up out of the sink bottom a little higher or do I have another issue. This is on a new 2013Bighorn RV. Thanks.

Lakeside

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lakeside, under the sink, behind the drain, there is a rod coming down from the top. This rod has a squeeze tab on it that can be adjusted up or down to adjust the travel of the stopper. You have to squeeze the tabs and pull up on the plunger button at the same time. Do it in small increments until it opens and closes correctly.

lakeside

Mr. Tourneau, This fixed my problem. Sink drain works as it should now. I appreciated your fast response to my question. This forum and it's members have helped me before and are truly a tremendous advantage to Heartland product owners. Sincerely, Lakeside

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have adjusted the it as high as it will go and it's still less than 1/4", so we just took ours out.
Depending on how much use your sink has seen, you may want to disassemble the drain and clean out any accumulated gunk that collects around the stopper rod.
Put a small tote or something to catch a little water under the trap. Remove the trap and the extension pipe if you have one. Unscrew the knurled nut where the rod goes into the drain pipe and remove the mechanism. Unscrew the tailpipe and remove it. Take everything down to the kitchen sink and clean it up. Reassemble and you should have better flow.

akmoose

Our rig is only a few months old, only used it one weekend for the first few months we owned it and started full timing it last week....had the dealer look at it and they said, sorry it won't go up any more, so we just took it out. Works great now.

Lindap57

We have been having the same problem with the sink in our Bighorn ever since it was new last year. We tried making the adjustment under the sink but the stopper still didn't raise high enough for the sink to drain quickly. On our first trip this Spring it drained even slower than it did before so we tried adjusting the rod under the sink again but it didn't help at all. So then we took the stopper completely out and turned it around so that the rod entered the hole at the bottom of the stopper from the opposite direction....that fixed it! It works perfectly now. It was apparently assembled backwards. Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else was having the same problem.

Larry&LyndaSmith

Past New Mexico Chapter Leaders
Ditto with our BigHorn new from the factory. Installed 180 degrees off. Turned it around and it is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD