Bathroom Sink Faucet

TX_Clay

About decided I am going to replace the bathroom sink faucet. As it is, you can't even get your hands under the water stream as it dispenses about 1 inch from the back of the sink. Haven't looked under the sink yet to see how easy it will be to access the faucet connections. Anyone have experience with this that they care to share?

Thanks in advance - Clay

Roller4tan

I replaced mine in my Bighorn. Simple switch. Do a bathroom faucet search on this forum. I put in the one I bought at Home Depot, don't remember the model now, but it matched the old finish.

jdfishing

I replaced ours in the Bighorn with one from Lowes. The finished matched perfectly. Just measure center to center on the faucet holes in the sink (4" I think") and buy one that fits. It's a standard size for many homes. Installation is easy.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Same with ours . . . couldn't barely wash the tips of your fingers under it!

I bought one at Camping World . . .

Took all of five minutes to replace!

Here is the new one:

CamperNewBthrmFaucet-IMG_2860.jpg

ICamel

Many discussions on here regarding the subject. Here is one.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/47039-Bathroom-faucet-change-out?highlight=bathroom+faucet

Just use the search function for "bathroom faucet" to call them all up.

D

dbo1973

A lot of times the low water pressure at one tap is due to debris is the aerator. Simply unscrew it clean screen and there is a round plastic disc with a small hole in the top. Pop the disc out and you will probably find sawdust plastic pex filings and other stuff stopping your water pressure at that tap. Hope this helps.

JohnD

A lot of times the low water pressure at one tap is due to debris is the aerator. Simply unscrew it clean screen and there is a round plastic disc with a small hole in the top. Pop the disc out and you will probably find sawdust plastic pex filings and other stuff stopping your water pressure at that tap. Hope this helps.

It wasn't due to low pressure . . . but the fact that the factory faucets barely stuck out over the bathroom sink more than an inch or so.

TxCowboy

DW asked me about this same issue over the weekend -- faucet only extends an inch or so into the bowl. Nice to see a thread about her question here and that it is a simple fix.

TX_Clay

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like an easy fix. Will probably pick up one from Lowes or HD this week and make that happen over the weekend.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bathroom sink replacement should be fairly simple. Kitchen faucets will vary, as some have different locations for the holes. In our case, we have two holes for the handles, and no hole for the center. If we want to replace with a "standard residential" faucet, we would have to drill another hole in the countertop. We opted to upgrade with same style RV faucet, that had a better arched spout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

As others have stated, it is an easy fix. Just match holes and spread, and get the extended faucet at one of the big stores. We found ours at ACE Hardware. (Maybe Heartland will get the hint here that the factory faucet is too short)

avvidclif

About decided I am going to replace the bathroom sink faucet. As it is, you can't even get your hands under the water stream as it dispenses about 1 inch from the back of the sink. Haven't looked under the sink yet to see how easy it will be to access the faucet connections. Anyone have experience with this that they care to share?

Thanks in advance - Clay

Go to your favorite hardware store and ask for a Bar Faucet. It has a high arched outlet and stick outs further also. I got mine at Home Depot for abt $40. It's even solid brass and not plastic. Easy to replace.

AAdams

The faucet is as others have said a 4" center set faucet. If you get a MOEN or Delta you will be able to find parts about anywhere you go when needed. The faucet may contain plastic on the outside finish but uses copper and brass to pass the water through. ( Unless they have changed in the last 3 years ). Depending on how Heartland plumbed your drain you may or may not be able to use the new pop-up assembly that normally comes with the faucet due to space requirements from the bottom of the sink to the trap adapter.

TX_Clay

I think the hardest part about switching out the faucet was deciding which way to lay on the floor in the bathroom to access the plumbing. Of coarse, the first way, using my left hand to reach into the left door got me access to the hot water line, but not the cold one. Flip over, @ 6'1", not an easy accomplishment. Hang one foot off into the tub. Low and behold, I can access both lines and the retaining rings that hold the faucet in place.
Now I get to do it again because the wife says, even though it is much better, she still doesn't have enough clearance. Will look at a bar faucet this go around

JohnD

I think the hardest part about switching out the faucet was deciding which way to lay on the floor in the bathroom to access the plumbing. Of coarse, the first way, using my left hand to reach into the left door got me access to the hot water line, but not the cold one. Flip over, @ 6'1", not an easy accomplishment. Hang one foot off into the tub. Low and behold, I can access both lines and the retaining rings that hold the faucet in place.
Now I get to do it again because the wife says, even though it is much better, she still doesn't have enough clearance. Will look at a bar faucet this go around

What you need is a tool called a 'Plumbers Friend' or 'Plumbers Wrench'!

Makes changing out a faucet a piece of cake . . . even in those hard to reach places!

I have one and love it!

Here is a link to one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BASIN-UNDER-THE-SINK-FAUCET-PLUMBING-WRENCH-PLUMBER-TOOL-/280993238590

I bought mine at either ACE Hardware or Home Depot . . . can't remember which.

TX_Clay

Finally found a faucet that brings the water out to the center of the sink. Much better, you can actually wash your whole hands now instead of your fingertips.
Wound up getting it from Home Depot.

Attachments

• IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 59