Bathroom Skylight

Dave

Traveling Two
We have a 2009 Sundance 3300SK, VIN: 5SFSG33229E201687 and the outside shell of the ceiling skylight in the bathroom (not the vent fan) is cracked, the inside shell of the same skylight is still in tack. My questions are, can just the outside shell of the skylight be replaced or is the inside shell and outside shell one piece? Who manufactures this skylight and what is the model and part numbers? Does Heartland sell this skylight, if so, what is the part model and part number and what is the Heartland cost for the skylight. Thanks for your help.

/R

Dave Goins
843-345-2455

danemayer

Hi Dave,

Rather than wait for someone at the factory to see this thread, you might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your vin# ready.

I'm not certain, but I think you could probably also get a replacement at most RV dealer parts counters.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Flying Dutchman on the forum replaced his a couple of years ago. If I recall correctly, got it from Heartland and replaced it himself. As Dan suggested, give Customer Service a call.

guitarpicr

I replaced mine about 6 months ago - It was cracked in the corners at the screws & the cracks were running up the skylight. Not too bad a job. Main thing is to get all the old sealant off & clean good. Also dont overtighten the screws. Be careful using a battery drill to tighten them. The dealership where I bought my rig said a lot of them crack because they overtighten them when built, with drills. When I did mine I adjusted the clutch on my drill as loose or low as possible and then gradually adjusted till the pressure was right. You will need 1 tube of the white roof sealant & a roll of the small 3/8 or 1/2" widesealant to go underneath the flange also. BTW u can just replace the top piece. The bottom is a seperate piece or was on mine. I beleive they are a pretty standard size & can be gotten at any rv dealership or ebay for that matter if not in a hurry. Good Luck