Battery not charging

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sounds to me that the OP had a bad battery to start with. Billybob installed a new battery, crossed the cables and blew the convertor fuse. Hence, came in with one simple problem...left with worse problem. Billybob did not check his repair to make sure it was working...NORMAL CONDITION WITH MOST DEALERS.

Blue Oval

Bob&Patty:380686 said:
Sounds to me that the OP had a bad battery to start with. Billybob installed a new battery, crossed the cables and blew the convertor fuse. Hence, came in with one simple problem...left with worse problem. Billybob did not check his repair to make sure it was working...NORMAL CONDITION WITH MOST DEALERS.

Well part of that may be exactly what happened. When I checked the battery in the beginning, I found that the nuts for both the positive and negative terminals had not even been put on finger tight. I could literally move the connectors up and down the threaded portion of the battery terminals. I'm sure this contributed to the fuse in the convertor getting blown.This is one example of how poorly the PDI was done on this camper.