BC Key Fob Remote

stevenssr

Just wanted to share some information I have found out about our Big Country key fob remote. If you actually use it as a key fob and keep your keys in your pocket, you can expect your batteries to be dead in almost no time. The keys will push against the buttons and run the battery down. Then it gets to a point where the display light comes on but all the primary functions don't work and the display won't show any letters. The odd thing is that the remote control for the scare light and the little flashlight works. So, I pop off the cover today and replace the battery. Everything works once again. By the way, the battery is a CR2 3 volt battery. I got mine at Home Depot, but I'm sure other places have it.

So, now I'm trying to think of a way to carry this thing without running the battery down. I've run the battery down twice now (about 3 weeks each time). Maybe I should just keep it in the truck and not use it as key fob. Of course, then I won't have the convenience of having it ready whenever I want to put the awning out. Trade off I guess.

Scott

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mine stays inside on table or coffee table or if spending time outside it will sit under my tv mounted in my storage area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevenssr

Mine stays inside on table or coffee table or if spending time outside it will sit under my tv mounted in my storage area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's an idea. I might modify it a little though. I could put it on a neck or wrist strap and hang it in the storage area. I have lots of around-the-neck badge holders around for work. That way it's handy when I need it. Thanks for sharing!

pegmikef

I guess I don't have the problem because my remote is certainly not a key fob. The only key fob I have is the one I got for the V4 lock on the door. The remote that opens the awning, slides, etc is about two by three inches in size.

stevenssr

I guess I don't have the problem because my remote is certainly not a key fob. The only key fob I have is the one I got for the V4 lock on the door. The remote that opens the awning, slides, etc is about two by three inches in size.

I know the remote is different for the Big Horn, but where do you keep it? Inside the RV, the truck, or somewhere else? I'm thinking I would keep it inside if I had the Bighorn remote, but I'm not sure.

pegmikef

I know the remote is different for the Big Horn, but where do you keep it? Inside the RV, the truck, or somewhere else? I'm thinking I would keep it inside if I had the Bighorn remote, but I'm not sure.

My BH has a drawer in the second or third bedroom step and I keep it in there. When I need it I can get to it by just reaching inside the door and opening the drawer. I also keep a spare key to my V4 digital lock hanging in the console between my seats in my truck (who knows when the battery in the door lock might decide it was tired and doesn't want to play anymore).