Bear Mountain RV Park Bakersfield

wdk450

Gang:
For anyone who wants an overnight stopover in the Bakersfield area at a reasonable rate, I would recommend Bear Mountain RV park about 10 miles South of Bakersfield off of Ca 99. I actually got to the park from I-5 with about about an 8 mile Eastbound drive on Bear Mountain Blvd. The park is on the flat hardpan you find in this area, with few trees, but the spaces are all big, pull through, newer utility pedestals with 50 amp electrical service - For only $27 a night!!! At night you can see the line of traffic coming down the Grapevine grade on I-5. The park is a big country block from Ca99 so the road noise isn't bad.
I was looking to stop in the Visalia/Tulare area travelling down Ca 99, but the parks I talked to wanted $50 for an overnight, and didn't have the spacious pull-thru's. Bear Mountain was even set up with self registration (even honoring credit cards), so you could check in most any hour.

Gaffer

Merry Christmas Bill. Where are you headed? We are leaving the Palm Springs area today and heading back to Lake Havasu.
PJ

wdk450

PJ:
I am now at TT Soledad in Acton (near Palmdale), heading to TT Wilderness Lakes in Menifee (near Temecula) tomorrow for a 3 week stay. At TT Pio Pico East of Chula Vista (San Diego area) for 3 weeks after that, then back to Wilderness Lakes for another 3 weeks.

Hawt Dawg! - They have a heated pool and spa here, and all the other So. Ca. Thousand Trails, although it is currently 47 degrees outside in the middle of the afternoon - but I'm going to get my exercise swim in later on!!!