Bed Room Slide Seals

whp4262

how difficult is it to replace out side seals on a bed room slide?

It's not that hard just time consuming. Do you have a cable driven slide? Are you replacing inner and outer seals? I just did mine about 2 weeks ago. Feel free to PM me if I can help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
just the out side seals no cable. I requested to have it done at the Rally and they turned me down, didn't think it was that bad of a job

whp4262

just the out side seals no cable. I requested to have it done at the Rally and they turned me down, didn't think it was that bad of a job

Probably the most time consuming part was cleaning the old glue residue off the frame after removing the old wiper seal. I used an X-Acto knife with a #18 chisel blade to remove most of the residue and finished cleaning it with denatured alcohol. If you keep the rag pretty wet with alcohol it cuts the adhesive pretty well.

Rrloren

Just did my top seal on the kitchen slide yesterday . I m talking about the D seal that slides on a track. Bought about 35 feet on amazon for $84. There is a screw on each end to hold it in place. Takes only a few mins., I had the slide out only about 6" or so which makes for easy access with a ladder.

jmg143

What type of seal do i need to buy to replace the seal on the bottom of my bedroom slide? It is the Seal that goes in and out with the slide. I have replaced all my D style seals and now the one on my bedroom slide is torn and needs replaced.

whp4262

What type of seal do i need to buy to replace the seal on the bottom of my bedroom slide? It is the Seal that goes in and out with the slide. I have replaced all my D style seals and now the one on my bedroom slide is torn and needs replaced.

If you call Heartland they will email a sheet with pictures and part numbers of the different seals so you can match the seal you have to the picture. I found Heartland's prices on their seal to be a little higher then some and a little lower then most but at least I knew that I was getting fresh seals from Heartland and not old stock.

aatauses

An easy job, just takes a little time. There is a screw at each end, take those out, cut a new piece, I then used the old one for exact location of the screw holes and drilled the holes in the new seal---made it easier to get the screw into the existing hole. I did all mine, top, sides on our BH 3670---took most of the day.
al