Bedroom AC ducted or not

Gaffer

There has been some discussion on if it is best to have the bedroom AC ducted or not. I have read on here that the factory installed bedroom AC will come ducted and after market units can not. My dealer says he can add a ducted bedroom AC unit. I was wondering just how the factory unit connects to the ducts and why this can not be done later. Anyone know for sure?

SeattleLion

There has been some discussion on if it is best to have the bedroom AC ducted or not. I have read on here that the factory installed bedroom AC will come ducted and after market units can not. My dealer says he can add a ducted bedroom AC unit. I was wondering just how the factory unit connects to the ducts and why this can not be done later. Anyone know for sure?

In our unit, the bedroom AC is actually connected to the ducts that cover the entire coach. If the BR AC is off, the bedroom still receives AC from the livingroom unit. When I turn on the BR AC and turn off the LR AC, the same occurs, cool air circulates throughout the coach. I'm not sure if your dealer can work that out for an aftermarket install.

Tombstonejim

We added a AC to our bedroom and it is ducted. It takes a special cover to make it ducted. Blows out all vents. Big Country RV.

pegmikef

The AC units actually consist of two parts which are the air conditioner unit itself that is mounted on the roof and has the compressor, fan, etc. and the ceiling section which comes in several different configurations. If you unit has the ducting, then you would use the ceiling section that directs the air flow into the ducts. Another consideration is whether your unit is prewired for a thermostat. If so then there is a section for this. If no wiring, then there is a section that has the controls on the unit itself. Your dealer should be able to help you.