bedroom outlets not working

texasron

I had a power outage . None of the 110 breakers on the inside panel box were tripped, only the break on the outside pole tripped. My question is when re-set the outside breaker everything came back on except the ceiling plug that feeds the TV and the plug that Is beside the bed on the wall closest to the front cap. The electric plug that is underneath the 12v light switch , the 2 110 outlet plugs that are mounted o the bed are all working. removed the mattress and removed the plywood underneath the mattress checking for a junction box, there is one it only feeds the 2 110 outlets mounted along side the bed frame and they both work. My GFCI breaker I not and did not trip. I have a 2013 Big Horn 3675. Any suggestion.

danemayer

Hi texasron,

Are you sure the inside breakers didn't trip? Sometimes it's hard to see because when they trip there may be only a small movement of the breaker.

You'll also want to check to make sure that both legs of the pedestal are providing 110V. If one leg is out, some breakers/circuits in the RV won't get power.

Also make sure your power cord is fully seated, and locked.

texasron

I went and checked, sure enough the pigtail was not only not seated but the pigtail is burned on the inside. I installed a new one and the plugs that weren't working are now. Thank you
Ron

Last edited:

texasron

Well , I spoke to soon, I replaced the end on the factory 50 amp plug, installed a new 50 to 30 amp pigtail and no power the same 110 plus again. Anyone no of anything else to check.
Thanks

danemayer

If I'm following, you have a 50 amp cord plugged into a 50-->30 adapter, plugged into a 30 amp receptacle at the campground.

If you have a meter, check the voltage on each leg of the 50 amp receptacle of the adapter. If your 50 amp cord is detachable, disconnect it from the trailer and check voltage there as well.

If you have generator prep, the incoming power goes through an automatic transfer switch. You could be losing one leg there. But since power came back after manipulating the adapter at the pedestal, you may still have a problem there.

texasron

Hello Dan, my 50amp cord is on a electric reel. I will get volt meter and check. This only started after the breaker on the pole tripped this am.
Thanks Ron

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you haven't already done so, turn all your breakers off then on again.
If you can, unplug your rig from shore power and keep generator off.
Then remove the screws that hold the breaker panel in and pull it out.
Check the screws holding the wires on each breaker. Be sure they are tight.

Peace
Dave

texasron

I have checked everything that I can think of along with the advice on the posts through this site. I only have 1 GFCI it is in the bathroom. Still have no power on either of the 2 110v plugs in the bedroom.

danemayer

I have checked everything that I can think of along with the advice on the posts through this site. I only have 1 GFCI it is in the bathroom. Still have no power on either of the 2 110v plugs in the bedroom.

If EVERYTHING else using 110V is working, except the 2 plugs in the bedroom, take a look under the bed for a junction box. Explore carefully because a loose wire could electrify the box with you acting as the ground. Start by turning OFF the circuit breaker for the bedroom. After you check the box for loose wires, turn it back on.

texasron

If EVERYTHING else using 110V is working, except the 2 plugs in the bedroom, take a look under the bed for a junction box. Explore carefully because a loose wire could electrify the box with you acting as the ground. Start by turning OFF the circuit breaker for the bedroom. After you check the box for loose wires, turn it back on.

Dan I removed the mattress and the plywood. My model does have a junction box underneath the front of mattress and only one, This junction box Is for the 110v outlets mounted along side the bed frame. I cannot locate the junction box for the 110v outlet if there is one, that is mounted to the left of closet door apparently this outlet and the ceiling for the TV are on the same circuit as they are the only ones not working. Don't see how it can be a loose wire when the RV has not been moved. I started when the breaker on the pole tripped.

silvasp

The GFI I had in the Weekend Warrior I had previously controlled all my 110 outlets.
your gfi may control thos outlets too.

texasron

Yes that is what I thought of first. My GFCI outlet never tripped. and is working fine I think, I was under the impression that a GFCI breaker is tied into many outlets in the RV, I don't think the GFCI would single out just one plug. I do appreciate your input. Thank you.

danemayer

I think GFCI is typically required on outlets exposed to water. So the outlets in kitchen, bath, and outside are typically on the GFCI. The bedroom outlets on either side of the bed, and perhaps by the closet may not be.

texasron

Yes Dan, the only 110 outlets that SHOULD be running to any GFCI breaker are ones that might be exposed to water. I guess I will call Heartland Tech support in the AM.

mslater

did you remove the two effected outlets and check voltage and connections at that point …. may have to pull all elec. junctions to see if its on a leaving wire

texasron

I haven't yet. I did call Heartland Tec support, the person I talked to did not seem to no as much as I did which isn't much when it comes to figuring out this issue.

bobw

I have three outlets that don't work on my kitchen slide. After investigation I found burnt wire. The circuit breaker never popped. You might try removing the outlets and checking the wires.

?