Bedroom TV size

rpotter

I have ordered a Bighorn 3570rs and decided to add my own after market bedroom TV so I could get a higher end name brand like Sony or Samsung and didn't need the built in DVD player. The TV you get if you order it from heartland is 32" in size. Does anyone know if the 3570rs has room in the bedroom location for anything larger and if so what is the maximum size? Not looking to put a 65" there lol, but maybe something a little bigger than 32". Thanks for the replies.

danemayer

Hi rpotter,

Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Hopefully another 3570rs owner will be able to give you the benefit of what they've learned.

TXTiger

Remember its a small room and you don't want to go too big. My Cyclone came with a 32 inch television in the living room. I moved it to the bedroom and got a 40 inch for the living room.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I believe that the LCD TV's that Heartland puts in the rigs will also run on 12-volt, so if you boondock a lot, you might want to take that into consideration.

On the other hand, you can probably buy two nice LED TV's which will weigh half as much as an LCD TV for the same price that Heartland is charging for one TV.

But won't run off of battery power.

That said, I bought two identical Vizio LED TV's at Wallymart (except that one is 19", the other 26") for $350!

pegmikef

I believe that the LCD TV's that Heartland puts in the rigs will also run on 12-volt, so if you boondock a lot, you might want to take that into consideration.

The TVs they put in my North Trail and later my Big Horn do NOT run operate on 12 volt. If boondocking you need an inverter or generator to use them.

jnbhobe

I believe that the LCD TV's that Heartland puts in the rigs will also run on 12-volt, so if you boondock a lot, you might want to take that into consideration

I don't think I've ever seen a Heartland rig with a 12V TV.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
NO to the 12v TV.

Was just in a 3570 today while at a dealer seminar. 32" is probably the maximum size that will fit in the space above the dresser as there is a window to the left and a cabinet to the right.

rpotter

Thanks for the responses everyone. I bought a 40" Sony and based on dealer supplied space dimensions I should be good.

JohnD

I don't think I've ever seen a Heartland rig with a 12V TV.

My dealership offered me the Jensen 12-volt LCD TV's (same as the ones sold at Camping World at the time) as an option when we bought our trailer in 2012, but at $400 a crack for old TV designs, I opted for the two Vizio LED's from Walmart for less.

rpotter

Ok, so it turns out I had to return the 40" TV as the dealer must not have even looked at the space. There was no way a 40" tv would fit in that location. I ended up returning the 40" and picked up a 32" LED set. Now for my next question. I bought a Rocketfish TV wall mounting bracket. It is a simple one that will only allow tilting.. No swing out as that is not a great idea for a movable trailer. Anyway the bracket comes with four 3" lag screws to attach to studs in a house. I know that will never work in an RV. The bracket is very light weight as is the TV. Any recommendations for what screws would be needed in the fifth wheel. I am not exactly sure what is behind the wall to attach the bracket. I am thinking of much shorter .. maybe 1" or so lag bolts.. Looking for recommendations or anyones experience in doing the same. Thanks..

aRAYwego

I opted out of the expensive 32 in. bedroom as tv as well when we ordered our 15 Landmark. I bought a 40" Samsung LED for the space above the dresser. Fits perfect but might be a little big for the size of the room according to the wife. I like it. I also didn't attach it to the wall. I leave it on its stand and lay it face down on the bed when traveling.

rpotter

I was wondering if 1" #10 or 1" #12 would be sufficient to hold the bracket and light weight 32" led. Not sure what the used when they install the standard 32" at the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

I bought a Rocketfish TV wall mounting bracket. It is a simple one that will only allow tilting.. No swing out as that is not a great idea for a movable trailer.

I bought two swivel TV wall mounts at Camping World that are made for RV's that lock the TV flat to the wall while traveling . . . they are awesome!

I tried to post a link, but the Camping World website is not working tonight for some reason.

Here is a pic of the TV in our RV living room:

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

rpotter

I bought two swivel TV wall mounts at Camping World that are made for RV's that lock the TV flat to the wall while traveling . . . they are awesome!

I tried to post a link, but the Camping World website is not working tonight for some reason.

Here is a pic of the TV in our RV living room:

View attachment 36885

What did you use to fasten the swivel hanger to the wall.. What type screw (length and size). Thanks..

JohnD

What did you use to fasten the swivel hanger to the wall.. What type screw (length and size). Thanks..

I don't remember the size of the screws, but the ones that came with the mount were too small (at least that is what I felt, anywayz), so I took one of the mounts with me to Lowe's or Home Depot and got the largest screw that would fit through the mounting holes.

Seems like they were an inch and a half long.

One thing . . . the stickers showing where the backing plat is in the wall are not always where the backing plate really is . . .

The living room sticker was right on . . . the one in the bedroom was off by about two feet . . . so I have a couple of unneeded holes in the wall!

I left the sticker on the wall (which you can see above the TV) . . . I'll take a photo of it later when I get home from work!

I think I have a couple of extra screws as well . . . I'll see if I can locate them for size.