Bedroom wall stud spacing for TV

jdamude

We have 2014 3650RL. Want to install a TV in the bedroom above the dresser. Does anyone know the wall stud spacing in the walls?

Thanks
Jeff

jimtoo

I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032. And ask for their help on locating the studs. In some of the units they install a backer board in the wall for installation of a TV mount. Have your VIN handy when you call,, they may ask for it.

Jim M

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I glued and screwed a 3/4" peace of plywood to the wall behind my tv and screwed the tv mount to that, worked fine in my last 5th wheel for 6 years, and this one for 3 years so far

eddylives

Another option to mount a tv is to get a piece of wood the length required to grab two or more studs (found with a stud finder)
I mounted a tv on the wall outside the bedroom of our HL 26FQB like this.....A 8 inch wide one inch thick by about five ft long(enough to cover the entire wall)
We chose a hard wood that sort of matched the grain pattern of the existing cabinets....stained it to match as close as possible....caught studs at each end and middle.....then mounted the 27" LCD to that.(we run living side and bedroom tv off of one DVD player so there is no noise conflict in a small space lol)
It worked great and would look like a factory option to someone that is not familiar with trailer construction.
This allows anyone sleeping in that side of the trailer to watch movies from the bunks or table area but the one on the fold out couch is directly below the tv so they are hooped haha
I will grab a picture when the camping season resumes here in april/may some time

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My BH seemed to have a backer plate in the wall. When I mounted the TV wall bracket, every screw had 'meat' behind it.

In the bedroom of our 2013 Trail Runner, that sticker marking where to mount the TV was off by close to two feet.

The sticker in the living room was spot on.