BEFORE You think you want to Upgrade to Windows 10...

Birchwood

My first computer while studying civil engineering was a slide rule,then it was MS Dos for many years.I opted for 10 because my IT guy(son in law ) said he would install it
along with a new hard drive(old one buzzing when tilted).I am getting used to it and can see that its similar to my android.Guess the only way to test a system is put it out
there but sure businesses or government would not be interested.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You can use Office 365 for $6.95 a month, which includes Access. -- Go to Office.microsoft.com

If you have a Microsoft account with OneDrive, you can use all of the Office products for free. Scroll just a bit, to where you see "Get Started with online apps now" https://www.office.com/

Thanks, but the Office software was part of the package we bought with our laptops back in 2011. I used a limited version of Access back when I was working. Was fun to create databases with it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I purchased Microsoft Office 2010 when I bought my laptop and run it on all three of my computers.

I really don't want to spend any more money buying a new version.

I'm running Windblows 7 on my laptop and main desktop, and XP on my other desktop.

Does Office 2010 run on Windblows 10?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Yes, I'm running it with Win 10 on a desktop and a laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I've been using Open Office, price is right (free) and it reads about any document existing including Word and Works. I'm guessing on Works it's been years since I used it.

Clif, FYI, it won't work on Works documents. I just downloaded it and tried it. Thanks for the tip though as it looks pretty useful as it does work on a lot of other documents and let's you save as a PDF file. Like you said, the price is certainly right.

avvidclif

Clif, FYI, it won't work on Works documents. I just downloaded it and tried it. Thanks for the tip though as it looks pretty useful as it does work on a lot of other documents and let's you save as a PDF file. Like you said, the price is certainly right.

Thanks for the update, it's probably been 15 years since I had a Works document so wasn't sure.

On another note we will be in your neck of the woods at Lake Brownwood SP from the 28th to the 3rd if you get out and about. No special reason, just unwinding from Xmas. We will have internet.

pegmikef

Thanks for the update, it's probably been 15 years since I had a Works document so wasn't sure.

On another note we will be in your neck of the woods at Lake Brownwood SP from the 28th to the 3rd if you get out and about. No special reason, just unwinding from Xmas. We will have internet.

Clif, Are you running OpenOffice on Windows 10. I wasn't clear on that. I downloaded it on to my XP machine, but haven't tried to download it on to the X10 machine yet.

Thanks for the invite and ordinarily we would jump at a chance to go to a nearby State Park, but we are both kind of tied up at that particular time with medical stuff.

avvidclif

My main office computer is still on 7 and don't have plans to change, yet. My laptop has 10 on it but not open office. That wasn't much help but I note there is an upgrade to open office that just came out in Oct so I'm guessing it is compatible.

If you get some time come on out....

pegmikef

I looked it up Clif and checked one of the forums and it seems to run just fine on Windows 10. I am going to try it tomorrow so I will let you know. I plan on using it instead of paying to use Office or the other word processor/spreadsheet software they put on the machine.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I purchased Microsoft Office 2010 when I bought my laptop and run it on all three of my computers.

I really don't want to spend any more money buying a new version.

I'm running Windblows 7 on my laptop and main desktop, and XP on my other desktop.

Does Office 2010 run on Windblows 10?

Yes. I finally downloaded the free W...10 update a month or so ago. Up until then I ran v7 with 2010 Office. Neither of us work and need the Office any longer, although we still use Outlook for email. But Excel and Word do work just fine.
From my IT days most upgrades will operate lower versions without issue.

JohnD

It is very important that Office 2010 runs on Winblows 10 as I need it to run my photography classes in PowerPoint!

Which is why I spent the $200 to purchase Office 2010 in the first place.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
It is very important that Office 2010 runs on Winblows 10 as I need it to run my photography classes in PowerPoint!

John
Shouldn't be an issue but...
I don't do PPt anymore (retired) but I have created a couple Word documents and have opened several Excel worksheets created not only in Office 2010 but from earlier i.e.-Windows XP and an earlier version of Office since I ran the update to W10.
Anytime a new OS is loaded, your current OS should be backed up and saved. If you find an issue with 10 restore the previous OS from your backup.

rjr6150

John
Currently running W-10 on my laptop. Upgraded about two months ago no issues using Office 2010.

JohnD

John
Currently running W-10 on my laptop. Upgraded about two months ago no issues using Office 2010.

I'm still not convinced that I should upgrade my computers to Windblows 10 . . .

Every single time in the past when I upgraded a computer to the latest version of Winblows . . . I had nothing but grief, and wound up reloading the previous version back in, and lost a bunch of stuff in the process.