Best air compressor for part time traveler w 32 foot camper

NYSUPstater

There are a couple ways to raise up your rig to change a tire. Leveling blocks, bottle jacks or ramp-aid. The leveling blocks and ramp aid do essentially the same thing. Drive the good tire onto it and it should raise the coach high enough to change the bad tire. HOWEVER, some rigs nowadays have the axles spaced quite aways apart from each other thus making this option null-n-void. Like TT, we gave Good Same ERS, but carry a 20 ton bottle jack and blocks of wood anyways to place under 6 pt leveling pads.

Never really thought of this until recently, but ALL RVers should but a reflective safety vest (like the hiway workers wear) to put on if on shoulder of road for "X" reason. Avail at Home Depot/Lowes. Some states have a "Move Over" law where driver's are to move over if a vehicle w/ flashing lights is on shoulder of road (police, DOT, road service, EMS). Driver's don't have to move over if just a car/truck is on shoulder, but good idea to do so. Sadly, there are many driver's who still do NOT move over w/ vehicles w/ flashing lights on the shoulder. Vast majority do tho.

IMO, if you blow a trailer tire, try your best to see if you can drive it to next exit (slow w/ 4-ways on) or someplace w/ a wide area/shoulder to pull onto.

Lynn1130

Even with a "move over" law traffic is so bad on some highways (I-17 and I-10 in AZ) that traffic cannot get over (insert here my rant on people who get in the left lane and will not move right) and there is no way I will be on the road side changing tires. Add to that that our off ramps on highways can be 20 miles or more apart it gets even worse. The semis doing 75 in the #2 lane will suck you right out into traffic.

Dreamer7

Scary! Thanks for heads up!! Yikes. Be safe!

Even with a "move over" law traffic is so bad on some highways (I-17 and I-10 in AZ) that traffic cannot get over (insert here my rant on people who get in the left lane and will not move right) and there is no way I will be on the road side changing tires. Add to that that our off ramps on highways can be 20 miles or more apart it gets even worse. The semis doing 75 in the #2 lane will suck you right out into traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, thought I had responded to this. Thanks so much for info. I will be rereading all and taking notes from my computer.

I like the blocks of wood approach under levels but it's hard to believe truck can send that much power to camper to do that. If I must change a tire I hope I'm in a wifi area!! Lol

Here re is a pic of my tires, thought they were closer so now wondering if lifting one w those triangular arched tire toll on things will lift both or just the one? That's my key question at this point I think. I have never used a jack but I found two in the garage!

There are a couple ways to raise up your rig to change a tire. Leveling blocks, bottle jacks or ramp-aid. The leveling blocks and ramp aid do essentially the same thing. Drive the good tire onto it and it should raise the coach high enough to change the bad tire. HOWEVER, some rigs nowadays have the axles spaced quite aways apart from each other thus making this option null-n-void. Like TT, we gave Good Same ERS, but carry a 20 ton bottle jack and blocks of wood anyways to place under 6 pt leveling pads.

Never really thought of this until recently, but ALL RVers should but a reflective safety vest (like the hiway workers wear) to put on if on shoulder of road for "X" reason. Avail at Home Depot/Lowes. Some states have a "Move Over" law where driver's are to move over if a vehicle w/ flashing lights is on shoulder of road (police, DOT, road service, EMS). Driver's don't have to move over if just a car/truck is on shoulder, but good idea to do so. Sadly, there are many driver's who still do NOT move over w/ vehicles w/ flashing lights on the shoulder. Vast majority do tho.

IMO, if you blow a trailer tire, try your best to see if you can drive it to next exit (slow w/ 4-ways on) or someplace w/ a wide area/shoulder to pull onto.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to read my manual for the first time. Lol. There are so many terms I don't know. Wow. Thank you for post. :).

This was on our previous ElkRidge, before we had Ground Control/LevelUp.

Original poster doesn't have LevelUp. ;)

I still don't trust LevelUp entirely to be under it without a backup, so we put the Bottle jacks under the frame for safety. They are 20 Ton jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer7

I need to read my manual for the first time. Lol. There are so many terms I don't know. Wow. Thank you for post. :).

This was on our previous ElkRidge, before we had Ground Control/LevelUp.

Original poster doesn't have LevelUp. ;)

I still don't trust LevelUp entirely to be under it without a backup, so we put the Bottle jacks under the frame for safety. They are 20 Ton jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

IF you use a bottle jack, place it under the frame so it will hit the frame upon pumping it up. Some say you can go under the springs on axle, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Dreamer7

IF you use a bottle jack, place it under the frame so it will hit the frame upon pumping it up. Some say you can go under the springs on axle, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Thank you, I'll look this up in my manual. I'm trying to post pic of my tires but it won't let me out of the upload box once I choose the pic. I have another issue I need to read up on and that's dealing cracks in the roof. I'll need to move to another forum for that to research! Lol. I know Heartland said Decor is what I should use. I will get back to you after checking my manual bc unlike a car I don't think there is a specific place to put the jack. However, thanks to everyone for their responses. Every tidbit and big tip is appreciated.