Best credit card for diesel fuel rebates

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Preferably one that rebates on everything, like a Capital One card. Then use Gas Buddy or another app on your phone to shop around for the best price on diesel in your area. Using an oil company card locks you into their price, which may not be such a deal even with the rebate.

The other option is to get a Kroger card and do your shopping there. You can accumulate points for discounts on fuel with it.

Mrsfish

It's a little late, but discover was/is paying a 5% rebate on all fuel purchases from 6-1 through 9-30. Combine that with a little price shopping and I am a happy camper.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you shop at Kroger (at least in our area) they will give you points on your grocery purchases when showing them your Kroger Plus card (just a loyality card not a credit card). When you get 100 points ($100) you get a 10 cent per gallon discount. That is the best for me. The discount applies when buying fuel at a Kroger gas pumps or Shell stations.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
WalMarts in our area have a Murphy fuel center on their property. If you use a WalMart gift card to buy your fuel at the Murphy station on site, the offer 10cents off per gallon. I think if you use a WalMart credit card, you get even more off. Best part is, usually Murphy has the best price around anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Theresau

Yes we got a $1.00 off today - Kroger was giving 4X points for gift cards this weekend. I bought an Amazon gift card and we ended up with 1,000 points already this month. We also have 600 points from last month but the truck is full now. We saved $35 as we can fill up to 35 gallons.

If you shop at Kroger (at least in our area) they will give you points on your grocery purchases when showing them your Kroger Plus card (just a loyality card not a credit card). When you get 100 points ($100) you get a 10 cent per gallon discount. That is the best for me. The discount applies when buying fuel at a Kroger gas pumps or Shell stations.

danemayer

Bank of America VISA has been giving 3% rebate on fuel for quite a while.

Good Sam RVPlus Card for Pilot/Flying J locations gets you the cash price (about 10 cents less than the credit card price) and then another 6 cent discount. You have to pay the full balance each month. So $4.00/gallon will come down to $3.84. And if you need Diesel Exhaust Fluid, the bulk dispenser at Pilot/Flying J is almost 1/2 price compared to auto parts stores, saving about $10 on a 4 gallon fill.

piet10

American Express Blue Cash has a 5% rebate on gas, groceries, and drugstore, with 1% everywhere else. The rebate is cash, which you can accumulate and use to bay a bill or purchase something from the catalog. That's about $.19 per gallon right now. No annual fee.

Al

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
swburbguy, we use a Chase BP Card. Every time fuel or gasoline is purchased at a BP station, 5% rebates are accumulated and can be taken directly at the pump. It used to be a cash rebate which I preferred but it still seems to save us quite a bit. When we travel we seldom have problems finding a BP except for south TX.:(