Best Differential Fluid

NewCyclone

I just recently changed my rear diff fluid for the first time and was glad I did. After seeing the break in shavings, I will check mine more often. I hopefully will be changing over to the MAG cover very soon.

One area that I haven't heard mentioned yet is the transfer case. I know on my Chevrolet it is supposed to have 2 qts. When I changed it recently, only about 1 qt or less came out. From what I have been reading, the fluid in side boils and evaporates under heavy loads or even just from everyday driving. So once again, I was glad to check and change the fluid.

For my fluids, I used AMSOIL 75w-90 for my diffs and AMSOIL Torque Drive for the transfer case. A lot of people are starting to use 5w-30 in the transfer case and have seen great results. The only difference is you put 2 quarts in the fill hole and an additional quart in the speed sensor hole. This is due to the fact that the 5w-30 doesn't foam and expand like transmission fluid.

I use the AmsOil SeverGear, whatever the grade was I can't remember. I think it's only one to choose in the SeverGear though.