Best Stabilizer for 3450TS?

freddial

Any thoughts on what the best stabilizer system is for a BC 3450TS? It seems to move a lot. I had the Steadyfast system on a previous fifth wheel and it seemed to help quite a bit. King pin jack was worthless on my previous trailer as well as wheel chocks; simply a waste of money. I need to do something and am thinking of the Steadyfast system again for this trailer. Comments?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I can recommend the Steady-Fast. It did not completely eliminate the movement, but helped tremendously, especially the front end.

E

Dutch & Di

We've been very happy with our Plug It Right Stabilizers. Have been using them for 6 years of fulltime use and eliminated our interior movement. Diana

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Remember that a lot of the movement of the coaches are due to sitting on the rubber wheels. Unless you get a system that you can take most of the weight of the coach off the ground, you will have some movement. JT Strongbar helps stop a little of the movement but not all. We installed Rieco-Titan Wireless Ground Control leveling system to help lift the coach off the ground. It's an electric system, independent motors for each leg, each motor is 5000 lbs capacity. We try to set-up with the tires barely touching the ground.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
My neighbor put a Level Up "type" system on his rig and still ended up putting stabilizing bars on it. He said even with the self leveling system, he was still getting movement, Trace

caissiel

I have added 2 24" scissor jacks by the wheels and it took the bounce out. I just jack them ennought to lift the rear stabilizers about 1/2 in and then drop the rears again and its been great on the center.
Our frams are to long to be just supprted front and back so center works.
I found some 7000 lbs stabulizers and was able to install them behind the wheels. Where the rear stabilizers should be closer to in the first place.

TandT

Caissiel,
I am going to do what you are suggesting. I found a bracket that allows the scissors to be removed when traveling, if so desired. Trace

jimtoo

I have some of the scissor jacks mounted just in front of my axles,, been on this unit for over 3 years. I made some angle iron mounts for mine and they stay there all the time. If we are more than just overnighting it,, I use electric drill to run them down. Sure helps with the shake. Also have the JT Strongarms.

Jim M

ChangingPlaces

My neighbor put a Level Up "type" system on his rig and still ended up putting stabilizing bars on it. He said even with the self leveling system, he was still getting movement, Trace
Hi there, Teri your neighbour, what system did they fit, the 6 leg or the 4 leg system. Reason for asking is that we are looking to get the Lippert 6 leg Auto Level up.
Cheers Paul

TandT

Hi there, Teri your neighbour, what system did they fit, the 6 leg or the 4 leg system. Reason for asking is that we are looking to get the Lippert 6 leg Auto Level up.
Cheers Paul

Paul,
JT's Strongarms give a variety of parts to fit any type of trailer jack. They say if for some reason you can not make them fit, to call them. They will assist you with the installation and send any needed parts, if necessary.

The standard set for a fifth wheel is for four jacks, but they can assist you in getting a set for any situation.

If I ever get the level up, I will get the 6 leg version. JMHO (My neighbor has a 4 leg version,with two scissor jacks in the rear)
Trace