Best tires

anjoro

Hi everyone, we need to buy good tires for our 2017 Bighorn Traveler. Suggestions please.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

TexasTraveler2017

Does anyone know of any place in Elkhart that stocks the Sailuns? I would like to change out my Trailer King tires before heading back to Texas on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Check the stamp on the inside of the rims to see if they'll handle 110 psi / 3750 lbs to match Sailun S637. If not, you'll probably want Maxxis.

anjoro

Check the stamp on the inside of the rims to see if they'll handle 110 psi / 3750 lbs to match Sailun S637. If not, you'll probably want Maxxis.
Many thanks for info, looking at Sailun S-637 info now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Eric1234

We upgraded from 16" to 17.5" wheels on our previous trailer. I do t know how your going home but I would look up

trailer tires and wheels Inc.
103 Baylee Drive
Edon, OH. 43518
(419) 272-2277
trailertiresandwheels.com

they have a great selection and treated us right

paleclaire

Ditto with Trailer Tires and Wheels. Great pricing and service. Upgraded to 17.5" with Goodyear g114s. Tires are also rated for higher speed and have a 7 year life. Oh and now I look where I'm going instead of the mirror at the blowmaxs back there lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TexasTraveler2017

Thanks for all the recommendations for Trailer Tires and Wheels! Drove over this morning while MORryde finishes up my IS and disc brakes this morning. Got an even better price than the website showed. $166 plus $10 to mount and balance.

ce6df61bc779c468a381a18b57aa1f4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MillerTime802

We upgraded from 16" to 17.5" wheels on our previous trailer. I do t know how your going home but I would look up

trailer tires and wheels Inc.
103 Baylee Drive
Edon, OH. 43518
(419) 272-2277
trailertiresandwheels.com

they have a great selection and treated us right

Question Sir: Why did you go from 16" to 17.5" wheels? Was it for greater load carrying capacity?

MillerTime802

Ditto with Trailer Tires and Wheels. Great pricing and service. Upgraded to 17.5" with Goodyear g114s. Tires are also rated for higher speed and have a 7 year life. Oh and now I look where I'm going instead of the mirror at the blowmaxs back there lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clarification please. The tires have a life of 7 years? What's the mileage expectation? Was there enough room on the RV moving from 16" wheels to 17.5" wheels ?

Thank you,
Brad

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Three reasons to go to larger tires . . .

1) A higher load rating

2) Upgrade from ST (trailer tires) to light truck tires

3) Add height to the trailer

2 & 3 are the reasons I am considering larger tires right now.

MillerTime802

Three reasons to go to larger tires . . .

1) A higher load rating

2) Upgrade from ST (trailer tires) to light truck tires

3) Add height to the trailer

2 & 3 are the reasons I am considering larger tires right now.

Thank you John. I did some research after posting to discover you can get much better load carrying capacity for both the wheels and tires. The overall diameter of the tires for the 17.5" wheels is darn near the same as the 16" wheels so not a problem. /thanks again. Brad

8404fmfvet

Tires

Hi all,
I am looking at buying a TQ371. The issue is i live in Alaska and it will be delivered from Michigan. With that being said I am concerned about the tires, the dealer assured me the stock tires are Sailuns with an F rating. But after reading and youtubing i am wondering what the likelihood is i will need to buy new tires? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Alan_B

Re: Tires

Hi all,
I am looking at buying a TQ371. The issue is i live in Alaska and it will be delivered from Michigan. With that being said I am concerned about the tires, the dealer assured me the stock tires are Sailuns with an F rating. But after reading and youtubing i am wondering what the likelihood is i will need to buy new tires? Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you are not comfortable with the dealers response, have them send you photos of the tire brand, size, date code, etc.

danemayer

Hi all,
Best thing to do is call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for sales. They can tell you what tires are being put on TQ371s today. Keep in mind that things can change without notice.

That all said, we haven't been hearing much about tire failures on new trailers for the past year or two. So whatever tires are being used seem to be better than what was used in the past.

avvidclif

Hi all,

If they are Sailuns I wouldn't worry or change them. At least for 4-5 years.

8404fmfvet

If you are not comfortable with the dealers response, have them send you photos of the tire brand, size, date code, etc.

First off thanks for the responses, I am happy with what I was told. That being said neither of us can account for the delivery driver and how he transports the camper. So I guess worse case scenario I will. But it is reassuring to hear the tires are good from the factory.