Beware while on public land!

olcoon

This is pretty much common knowledge, but we need to beware/beaware while in the national parks, state parks, or any public land. While reading a magazine I subscribe to they were talking about the drug problems, etc on the public lands, while camping, hiking, hunting, etc. Not only is it drug usage, but drug sales, production (meth labs), and other illeagl activities. Plus along the border states there is the problem of illegals crossing the border, the gang activity, drug smuggling, etc. They had a link to a report from the Government Accountability Office, and if you can get past all the double talk, etc it was pretty interesting.
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11144.pdf

robnmo

I've spent the last 33 yrs of my life working State Campgrounds in a Law Enforcement capacity, they're generally safe, BUT................we always pick private campgrounds over a Public one if possible, completely different atmosphere if that says anything. :)

I agree in California private parks feel safer. However, the state campgrounds in Oregon feel like private campgrounds. They are so wonderful and inexpensive.