BH 3585RL Bathroom Issues

CCCI

This concerns our new 2011 BH 3585RL.
We took delivery Jan 7, 2011.
We immediately advised the dealership that amongst other things, the showerhead would NOT stay put on the vertical slide bar.
The showerhead was replaced March 30.
The new one is a lot better, but still gradually creeps down the slide bar.
In general, the bathroom equipment is very cheap and poorly manufactured.
The vanity taps are colored 'Antique Bronze'; the showerhead assembly is "Brushed Nickel/Aluminum"; the genuine cheap plastic toothbrush holder / soap holder / toilet paper holder are tacky "Plastic Silver".
We instructed the dealership NOT to install the miscellaneous items as they were so Cheap, and couldn't even get $1.50 for them all at 2 recent patio sales !!!
Why do these companies try to save a few cents here and there and end up annoying their customers with Cheap & Tacky accessories ??

Willym

I took my shower head off the rail and cleaned the piece that contacts the rail with paint thinner to de-grease it. I also cleaned the rail similarly. It held much better then.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The best (but not liked) answer would be to keeps costs down. It's the same as buying a new "tract" house that is not upgraded. If you want all the "high end" goodies..then you will pay for them either up front or later when you upgrade on your dime. Buy it with the cheap stuff, go on line or your favorite home store and buy the things you like. That way you pay for it once and not financing the expensive stuff for 15 years. JMHO