BH3855FL - has anyone seen an actual unit?

this is an amazing floor plan! I am wondering if any have been built to date or when we may see them being produced. If you have seen one and can post a site where photos can be viewed it would be really appreciated~

//heartlandowners.org/productdetailp.cfm?productid=2943

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
I haven't seen pics of the Heartland front living room plan yet. But Montana has had a front living room plan out for awhile you may find pictures of it online that could help you to see what the Big Horn would look like as the floor plans are nearly identical.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We have not seen the 3855 but have been in Montana's version. I like the kitchen on the ODS better on the HL. Notice they don't have the dry weight or pin weight published yet. That might be a little bit of a shock at 42' long. :eek:

ihsolutions

The frame on my 3670RL just flexed a little bit when I mentioned the words "front living room".

I really hope they beef those frames up a bit for that particular floor plan. I know Montana has had a lot of frame flex and weld issues to date with their FL model.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I haven't seen the Heartland front Living, have seen the Montana.. We were at the Canton Tx Rally the dealer there had a front Kitchen unit there I believe it was a Big Country.. Really was nice... I liked it.
Larry and Donna Keever

Rob_Fla

As far a I know the only Front Kitchen 5th Wheel currently in production is the Dutchmen Infinity 3870FK

merlinb

Retired
There are currently three FL models in production: Montana 3750FL, Infinity 3750FL by Dutchmen, and Redwood 36FL. The Bighorn would be the fourth if it goes into production. I don't know if they have actually built one yet. Perhaps someone from Heartland could enlighten us. Fleetwood built one several years ago but it was only in production for two or three years. It was available in their Wilderness Advantage brand. On the Fleetwood model the curbside slideout in the front lounge area was optional to keep the pin weight down. Without the slideout it came with a small couch on the curb side; with the slideout you got two recliners. I have always been interested in this floor plan and I would like to see the Bighorn in person. However, I have to tell you, the length of nearly 42 feet is kind of scary.

Last edited:

merlinb

Retired
As far a I know the only Front Kitchen 5th Wheel currently in production is the Dutchmen Infinity 3870FK

Just realized you said "Front Kitchen" and not "Front Lounge." I looked up the floor plan and I have to say I don't really care for it. I believe you are correct when you say it is the only "Front Kitchen 5th Wheel currently in production." I have never seen a front kitchen floor plan before. BTW, Dutchmen and Redwood are both "Thor" companies. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I haven't seen the Heartland front Living, have seen the Montana.. We were at the Canton Tx Rally the dealer there had a front Kitchen unit there I believe it was a Big Country.. Really was nice... I liked it.
Larry and Donna Keever

Larry, I think that Big Country was considered a rear kitchen. It was unique in that the dining area was built in, and you stepped up to get to the kitchen... so it could have storage for the outdoor kitchen as well. I had not seem one like this in other brands, but I sat in it a bit and it grew on me. I liked the front living SOBs I saw this year at the RV show, so I'm curious about this BH. Pin weight might be an issue with our current TV.

jbeletti

nextchapter2come,

While this product is on the Heartland website (link), I believe we're still in the pre-production phase. I did have a chance to see it last week and I did snap a couple of pictures but I'm not at liberty to share those just yet.

That said, what do you like about the floor plan you see on our site? What would you change? What are the "most important" aspects to you on a FL (front livingroom) layout?

Thank you in advance for any feedback you can give. Same too for anyone else on this thread that's seriously considering a FL layout. Would love to hear your feedback.

Jim

thank you all for your response.... the "beefiness" of the front end is a concern as well as the weight being such a looooonnnnggg rig... the main thing I like personally is the space in the bath area allthough I would aftermarket change the sink/cabinet out~ love the open feel to the kitchen and living space...

I would personally prefer to see wood style flooring, no wall paper borders, and stainless appliances... dont much care for the "cabinet" finish to the fridge.... but love the larger capacity of the side by side fridge..... for our personal preference plan to change out the water heating system as well to on demand... and utilize AM solar panels~~ off the grid so to speak~~ this will allow for freelance (boon docking) with limted issues....

I very much like the idea of two doors to get in/out...

We have seen the Montana FL, and allthough it was very nice, it was well... a bit closed in... maybe just to much STUFF stuffed in there.... the Redwood is really nice with the entertainment unit on the side wall~ the quality of the furniture is very nice allthough I would prefer not to have any of those little built in side tables if you will.. HATE THOSE THINGS~~

We keep getting lead back to the Oakmont..... love the split living spaces, storage in master bdrm, nice bath space all though for our personal needs, the kitchen table will come out and live in my daughters basement to make space for my desk since I will be working full time on the road...

again.. thank you all for your comments.... I still say.... no matter how many different brands you walk through, sit a spell in, and take in the surroundings.... the Heartland quality feel just cannot be duplicated.... DRV - very nice but.. the HL.... feels like home....

Safe Travels~~

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I stand corrected.. I knew it was really different and I liked it... My wife also corrected me.. another senior moment, some of them last a whole week..
Larry Keever

dalspot

Just keep doing a search for "Big Horn 3855RL" - eventually one will hit a dealers lot somewhere with pictures. That's what I did a lot when we were looking to buy our Sundance 3300QS, as it's not a popular stocked model.

Loui

This is the floor plan that my DW fell in love with, front living room. I've been telling her to hold on for a bit so we can check out the BH3855FL I see they now have size and weight specs posted as well as a 360* view of the kitchen. Hopefully getting closer to seeing one first hand.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
What I have not liked about the FL floorplans I've seen is the bathroom. You must walk thru the bathroom to get to the bedroom from inside...HOWEVER, I recently saw a floorplan, and for the life of me I cannot remember who made it...that I loved!!

FOUND IT! It's a Cedar Creek....http://www.longviewrv.com/inventory/184517/New-2012-Forest-River-RV-Cedar-Creek-38FL.aspx#TT_MCFP

This floorplan had a side aisle bathroom...the kitchen cabinets/counters were in an L shape on the DS, just to the left of the entry door, with the dinette and fridge in a slide on the ODS. On the ODS there was a "hallway" to the bedroom door...the outer wall in the hallway contained a window and an exit door to the ODS of the RV. In the bathroom they had a mini-mega type shower and beside it was W/D compartment that opened into the bedroom. The storage/closets and bedroom TV were in a slide on the DS of the unit, with the head of the bed on the ODS....now THAT is a floorplan I could live with!!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
What I have not liked about the FL floorplans I've seen is the bathroom. You must walk thru the bathroom to get to the bedroom from inside...HOWEVER, I recently saw a floorplan, and for the life of me I cannot remember who made it...that I loved!!

FOUND IT! It's a Cedar Creek....http://www.longviewrv.com/inventory/184517/New-2012-Forest-River-RV-Cedar-Creek-38FL.aspx#TT_MCFP

This floorplan had a side aisle bathroom...the kitchen cabinets/counters were in an L shape on the DS, just to the left of the entry door, with the dinette and fridge in a slide on the ODS. On the ODS there was a "hallway" to the bedroom door...the outer wall in the hallway contained a window and an exit door to the ODS of the RV. In the bathroom they had a mini-mega type shower and beside it was W/D compartment that opened into the bedroom. The storage/closets and bedroom TV were in a slide on the DS of the unit, with the head of the bed on the ODS....now THAT is a floorplan I could live with!!!
Looking at this Cedar Creek link, I noticed very little overall bedroom storage. The only space for hanging clothes is in the washer dryer closet. I'm not sure I could even be comfortable with the low ceiling in the front LR. But that's what it's all about. We all have our likes and dislikes. They really make it tough to choose that "just right" floor plan.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Questions: Can you get to the bathroom with the kitchen slide in? Does the bathroom door swing into the bathroom or into the kitchen? On the floorplan it swings into the bathroom. In the 360 photos it swings into the kitchen.

ChopperBill

Back when we bought our first Bighorn we saw FL models on dealers lots that couldnt give them away and the manufactures quit building them. Now they are all coming back with one.

Loui

Here are few front living room models we have found

Heartland Bighorn BH3855Fl
Keystone Montana 3750FL
Keystone Alpine 3495FL
Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL
Dutchman Infinity 3750FL
Thor Redwood 36FL
Forest River Wildcat 34FLR

In the 360* video of the Big Horn and on the floor plan it shows the dinning table with only 2 chairs. Does the table have a leaf? Are there extra chairs included?

DW likes the Montana the for the big bath room but I don't like that its a walk through,we like the Rushmore for having 2 Sofas and a Recliner chair, the Redwood for having two chairs opposite the TV.

We had this same problem when we looked for our TT, looking for that perfect floor plan:).