Bicycle transporting

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My Landmark came with a 1.5 inch hitch. Had to find a rack for that and with a 2" adapter to put in my truck should we want to go biking elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would trash that 1.25" hitch ASAP don't trust it !!!! I herd and read a lot a horror stories about them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We don't own a landmark but we carry our bikes inside in the living room area. We have a bike stand that fits perfectly between the two opposing sides.

Where did you get the bike stand? Not sure if I have enough space. Would sure like to keep my bikes out of the weather when moving. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I too, have been trying to think of the best way to transport two bicycles on the road. I don't want to add a hitch to the rear of the Bighorn and have been considering adding a 2" receiver to the front of our TV. For those with experience in doing this; has it had any effect on engine or transmission temps?

Not a problem with ours, but we do not take our bicycle built for two on long trips. Purchase a front hitch mount for the GMC, Swagman bike mount rack, and a anti-rattle device for the hitch. The length of the bike is as wide as my dully.

I cut the rack down to make it a single bike mount rack. Very sturdy. This is really engineered well.
https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-Racks/Pro-Series/63124.html

Anti-rattle device. Rally works well.
https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Accessories/Roadmaster/RM-061.html

agpopp

I see this is old, but we haul ours in the bed of the truck. Front tires off, standing upright and just a simple bungee to keep them standing straight. Is this not an option for you guys?

Oregon_Camper

I too, have been trying to think of the best way to transport two bicycles on the road. I don't want to add a hitch to the rear of the Bighorn and have been considering adding a 2" receiver to the front of our TV. For those with experience in doing this; has it had any effect on engine or transmission temps?

I have a motorcycle in front of our F-350 and the engine temps are about the same with and without the motorcycle.