Big Country 2 year review (Long)

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Bryan,
Thanks for spending a few minutes with us at the Tampa show. I hope you have recovered by now. :D

The units that were at the show were very nice. Many many changes and improvements in just 2 years.
Love the back cap and the laminated roof system. I also understand that wires and plumbing have been cleaned up behind the basement wall. I have not seen an example of it but I am sure it looks better.
The mattress even seemed to be alot plusher than what the older units have. I just hope y'all dont change so much to where a poor working stiff like me can't afford one.
I think you guys at the factory do an excellent job and I do admire how HL started and what it has become.
Maybe we will see you in June.

Last edited by a moderator:

Razduck

Southern Nights,
WOW, Great Post. My wife and I just purchased a new Big Country 3355RL, and will take delivery in about 1 week. Your post makes us far more confident and happy in our decision to buy the Big Country. Thanks!!
We have owned 2 TT's over the last 7 years, and have been wanting to step-up to a 5'r for some time. We had our hearts and minds set on a Carriage Cameo for over a year. They have increased their prices so high and dropped the floor plan that liked the most, that we could no longer justify spend $60,000+ for an RV. We have been researching other RV brands and really liked the HL products. We also have friend with a Big Horn, that they love, so we went to our local RV Dealer and took a long look. They had three Big Country floor plans in stock, and we felt 2 of them were too big for us. We spent a long time looking over the 3355RL, and it was very close to the Cameo floor plan that we really liked. We got a brochure and went home to mull it all over. We went back 2 days later, and had the dealer run the $$'s for us, and looked like it might work out for us dollar wise. When it all came down, we got the unit for $*****, and they added the Pull Rite 20.5 K Hitch Installed to boot. Sure beats the heck out of the $60,000+ and another $1,500 for the hitch. That's a $*****+ savings over the Cameo. I hope we are as happy as you are with our Big Country 2 years from now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi, Razduck,
Glad you found a BC you like. I hope you get many miles of enjoyment with it.
I know nthis next week will be hard but the wait is worth it.
Happy Travels

jbeletti

razduck,

Congrats on your new BC. You're gonna love it! I was just in Bryan W's office (brand manager for BC) yesterday. Bryan is very passionate about this business and it really shows in his product and his customers really feel it as well.

Sorry but per forum rules, I did have to remove the new coach pricing you posted. Nothing personal :)

Say, can you get out to camp with some other Heartlanders this year?

Check this out - there's a Heartland Owners "Camp Out" in Westfir this September. You should check it out. Here's a link.

And if you're up for a road trip, check out the Pacific Regional Rally in Sparks, NV this July. Here's a link.

See ya down the road and enjoy that new BC when it comes in!

Jim

Razduck

Jim,
Thanks for the reply. I was not aware of the price info, I understand, and no problem. We are looking forward to many years of enjoyment in our new Big Country 3355RL. :)

I have a question for you; why is it that the Big Country floor plan that we selected is not listed on the Big Country web site? Just Curious.

jbeletti

Hi Richard,

We are about to do the 2012 model year change over - though not sure of any exact date. When we do this, the corporate website will get the product update.

Jim

Razduck

Jim,
How do I get the Specifications for my Big Country 3355RL, since it is not in the Product Brochure, or on the web site. Could you send a copy of the Specs. for our Big Country, please. I have a good idea of the tanks capacities, and the dry weight, but I don't know what the hitch weight, height w/ Bedroom AC, or overall length of the RV.
Rick

jbeletti

Richard,

I don't have that data. Please call 574-262-5992 and ask for Bryan Walczak. He'll get you fixed up.

Jim