Big country color

ihsolutions

Bryan, I bought a Big Horn *only* because I could not get hydraulic front landing gear on the Big Country.

Perhaps that has changed recently?

If I could get one of those new tan Big Country's, with hydraulic landing gear, and the 103 gallon fresh water system from the Landmark, I'd have to seriously consider a new rig....

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow radman, nice! (I'm a mocha cabinet hater, btw), But like that sharp gold/brown exterior. Now that says luxury to me, Heartland! Nice Job!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Radman,

So what else is on the Gold edition??? Anything on the 3650 changed for this edition???

Glad for you that your dealer knew about this. I wonder why Heartland hasn't updated their web site with it.

The exterior colors are very nice. Enjoy your new coach when you get it.

tcfake613

Did someone on here say they wanted the features of a Bighorn in a Big Country? What is Big Country missing?

Here's my list Bryan:

Real wood cabinet stiles vs. laminated (correct me if I'm wrong or inaccurate on this)
Recessed halogen lighting in the entire coach ceiling
Upgraded bedroom entry door with glass and pull down shade as in the BigHorn
Upgraded kitchen faucet as in BigHorn
Hydraulic gear (I hear this is coming)
Main baggage door with gas struts instead of those lame clips that conveniently unhook in the wind when I'm under it. Pretty sure BigHorn has struts.

I'm in the market and love BC and BH and I'll be checking them out at the Hershey show on the 14th. I'm told a 2012 BC in gold will be there.

Love the 3650RL layout... which BH does not have. We'll see what transpires.

Bob Vaughn

My wife tells everyone that I purchased the remote control and they threw in the trailer.........Bryan wanted to know what was missed, well, here is one thing.....the other day I saw and ad for remote control entrance door locks in white or black. I presented my request to the missis and immediately got shot down....one door lock was over 250 bucks.....they were a direct replacement just 2 screws......I guess you could use a key if the battery in the fob died......

twohappycampers

Hey, the mocha glazed cabinets are discontinued? Well, I'm very happy then that we bought when I did - my husband and I both really like them - a real selling point for us. How long have they been around? I don't mind that most people seem not to like them - I like being a little different :p

I've been wanting to ask. The wide steps in our 3450TS - do they have a name? And what other models have them? Just curious. Love them too. If Heartland EVER goes away from them, BIG mistake! Oh, yeah, IMHO :D

Take good care - Lorna

I am very happy with my dealer. I was looking at a Gray 2012 on the lot in Huntsville Al that was about 1k more than the deal I got on this gold edition. I would have been ticked to get the old one and then hear I could have had all the upgrades for free. My dealer told me right off about them.

Some of the upgrades on this new Big Country include:

- Hydraulic Landing Gear
- Redesigned front and rear caps WITH PAINT
- Gold gloss sidewalls
- Cherry wood and table standard
- Remote Control System standard

tcfake613

I am very happy with my dealer. I was looking at a Gray 2012 on the lot in Huntsville Al that was about 1k more than the deal I got on this gold edition. I would have been ticked to get the old one and then hear I could have had all the upgrades for free. My dealer told me right off about them.

Some of the upgrades on this new Big Country include:

-Hydraulic Landing Gear
-Redesigned front and rear caps WITH PAINT
-Gold gloss sidewalls
-Cherry wood and table standard
-Remote Control System standard

radman.... What do you mean by "WITH PAINT"?

B

bwwalczak

The front and rear caps are painted. The two color look is unique to Big Country.

tcfake613

The front and rear caps are painted. The two color look is unique to Big Country.

Nice! So do these caps hold up better than gelcoat??

There are at least four new Big Countrys with the new colors sitting in the Giant Center parking lot in Hershey right now. Can't wait to get in one Wednesday morning!

One thing that could be on the BC as convienence and safety would be to split up the hydraulic slide out controls for the 3 slides instead of one switch for all 3 slides. To be able to put one slide out without putting all 3 out would be helpfull and safer when on the road. In my opinion.
Did someone on here say they wanted the features of a Bighorn in a Big Country? What is Big Country missing?

B

bwwalczak

When building a Big Country, dealers can option the hydraulic selector valves.

B

bwwalczak

Big Country hydraulic plumbing (for slides) is called an "open" system. This means that all the slides are on one continuous loop. In order to make selector valves work properly, each slide must be plumbed back to the valves. This can be done aftermarket by a dealer or service center, however it is a challenging and time intense task. It is much easier to build a coach with a valve system. When optioned from initial build, the hoses are all run directly (before we install floors/sidewalls/etc).