Big Country Keeping Us Warm in Freezing Florida

Theresau

We've had plenty of opportunity to test out the 2014 BC's insulation the last week and a half. Went down to 24 this am. May go down in teens tonight.

We have been toasty. Front closet is a bit cool but nothing major. Almost feels as good as our house.

We can feel a big difference in how well this coach retains heat over our 2010 BC. Also, we changed the AC vents to those that can be closed. We also put in padding in the fan vents.

LR floor feels cool because we did full vinyl. We have a rug down - this would have been the case at home too....

I won't whine about how cold it is here - it's just horrible at home. Checked last evening and it was -16 and -13 this am. And then there is the snow........

We were concerned it may snow here - it was cold enough........

I purposely left my down jacket at home........

One more thing - we did not get the dual pane windows. Our windows only fogged once and that was after a major rain and quick cool down and our friends' LM with dual pane fogged as well - they couldn't believe it. Still don't regret not ordering them. There is no draft at all. We close the blinds and works great.

JanAndBill

Not for sure where you are in Florida, but this morning when we were trying to hook up to leave it was 24. In Orlando now and it's 40, but with the wind blowing it feels colder. We went through some 14 degree days over Thanksgiving and survived them but wouldn't want to try it for any length of time.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's what it looked like on my deck this morning. The electronic thermometer is reading the front porch, on the sunny side of the house. My old Snapper snowblower gave up the ghost yesterday after almost 30 years, so I went out and got a big, new Ariens.

View attachment 27987View attachment 27988

Birchwood

We are in Florida and plan on going to the beach this weekend as temps are climbing to the high 70'.No golf today at our resort because of the wind but the cold was very tolerable.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We are in Florida and plan on going to the beach this weekend as temps are climbing to the high 70'.No golf today at our resort because of the wind but the cold was very tolerable.

What a difference a couple of days make. It was only in the high 40's and raining a couple of days ago here in Ft. Myers and now it's in the mid-80's and sunny. Went to the pool yesterday and today going to take a stroll along the beach. Sure do love the winters in Florida.:cool::cool: