Big Horn 3160 EL electrical issues

2018 3160 EL Big Horn. I have lost power to all of my lighting in bathroom on one circuit and all power to bedroom closet and tv booster on another circuit. These are 12v and fuses are good. I have also lost power to my touchpad out side bath room door to manually operate leveling system? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Grandpoppy,

That's an odd collection of failures. Are other 12V DC things working? Is your air conditioning working? Furnace?

How are you checking the fuses?

2018 3160 EL Big Horn. I have lost power to all of my lighting in bathroom on one circuit and all power to bedroom closet and tv booster on another circuit. These are 12v and fuses are good. I have also lost power to my touchpad out side bath room door to manually operate leveling system? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

It appears that the rest of my 12v circuits are working, it appears all of my 110 circuits are working. No tripped breakers for my 110 circuits. No blown fuses for my 12v circuits. Pulled fuses out visually inspected, swapped them with 15 amp fuses from other circuits that are working. Thought maybe there might be an in line fuse stuck somewhere that I haven’t found????

mlpeloquin

I found, when installing 12V motion detectors, that the 12V wiring is wired with wire nuts above the lights. You have to pull the lights to see the connections. If a wire nut has come loose, well it is fun time.

Does your touchpad control only the levelup system, or does it control other functions?

To to be honest I rarely used touchpad. I have used it to manually raise my jacks one time. It had videos on operating rv. It may have other functions. I have touchpad in main compartment outside that I use for my 6 Point auto leveling.

carl.swoyer

On my 2012 Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel I found wires underneath the bed that where shorting out.
I have had to fix it twice. I cut a PVC pipe in half and installed it over the wire connection. My symptoms were a ditto from yours.
The PVC pipe prevents the wires from shorting out again

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Given that you don't have a complete circuit on more than 1 circuit, and the fuses are ok, I would suggest checking voltage at each device. Get a long enough wire that you can connect the ground lead of your volt meter to a known good ground on the trailer. Start with the light switch in the bathroom or closet and see if you have power to either side of the switch. With switch off, you should have power between switch and ground on one terminal. With switch on, you should have power between switch and ground on both terminals.