big horn 3610

cmckeever

craig j mckeever
has any body have any problems with the kitchen water facet my handle came loose,how do u get ie apart thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
cmckeever, look under the handle for a small blue/red plastic button. Using your fingernail or some other tool, pop out this button and you will see a hole. This is the access for an Allen Wrench. You will have to experiment for the right size. This will allow you to remove the handle but if it's just a loose handle, you can also tighten it up using the same screw.

sdagro

Mine in my 2011, 3670 has come off 3-4 times. Pop off the cap, loosen allen screw, then get some lock-tite. Not sure which color. You don't want the one that is permanent. I tightened mine several times and it kept coming loose. After the lock-tite was applied haven't had a problem since. Go to an auto parts store and ask them. Don't do Wally World and ask some uneducated person to help you---you'll end up with a permanent handle, which may not be bad unless you have other problems. Hope this helps. Steve

Speedy

Craig,
You are going to want to use blue Loctite (242) and not the red (271). They work great! I use both all the time for different projects but the 242 will solve your set screw backing out of the faucet handle.

Either a auto parts store will have it or a hardware store. Wally World may have it as well but it will be harder to find which department stocks it. They come in very small bottles and the cost is around 5 bucks.

Hope this helps.