Big Horn 3750FL or Big Country 3900FLP?

Ted_Dee

We are new to this forum and I hope this is the correct place to ask this. We have been shopping for over 1 year for a 5th wheel. We have it down to the Big Horn or the Big Country. What are the fundamental differences between the two brands? Is it the materials used or are they pretty much the same. Both models have what we are looking for and this will be our home for quite a while. Any information would be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Ted_Dee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Heartland Family.

Landmark 365, Bighorn, and Big Country are all built on the same production line, by the same workers, using essentially the same materials. Depending on model and floor plan, there can be some differences in what comes standard. Some of the short floor plans on the Big Country may not require as heavy a frame and could use 10" rather than 12". You'll likely find some differences in interior design choices and perhaps materials. Both the Bighorn and Big Country are warranted for full-time use. They're both great coaches and there are a lot of forum members enjoying them.

I'm sure some will chime in.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Back in the "old days" there was a definite distinction between the different brands and in their order were Sundance, Big Country, Big Horn, Landmark. With Landmark being top of the line and Sundance the least expensive 'entry level'. Now there is much less a distinction both in features and pricing. Landmark is still the top of the line but Big Horn, Big Country run close seconds and Sundance and Big Country are very similar. Personally I think the various brand managers compete with each other so much you will see many of the same features on all of the brands with the options being the main difference. There are some basic construction features such as the Big Horn and Landmark having the 12' frames but they all seem to be very close in other areas. The new Landmark 365 has begun to once again pull away from the others to make it once again more of a 'top of the line' coach. Bottom line is you have to look at the floor plans, features and their construction (size of frame etc) to see which one you prefer and can afford. Good hunting.

Westwind

The big "Remember", your going to spend a lot of time in this FW (Hopefully). Make sure all the things you want to bring have a spot (enough cabinets). If you like to cook lots of counter space. If you expect to do extensive traveling a floor plan that you don't have to move recliners to bring in the slides, can get to the refer without opening a slide and most of all can get to the bathroom without opening a slide.
I have a Bighorn 3070RL, if I were to do it over I definitely get a floorplan that I didn't have to move the recliners, I love sitting in mine - hate pushing it around to close the slides. We have the island which we love but it does prevent us from getting into the refer, we can get into the freezer, but on the whole we love our Bighorn. At the time it was affordable for us and so far no major problems just the little stuff and I've learned to fix it myself with lots of help from this forum and the folks that are on it. They are great!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Some of the differences are things you won't notice aesthetically. I believe Bighorn has individual slide out buttons, while BigCountry has one button that moves all the slides by order of least resistance first.

For some floorplans, you may need to move a slide to get to the bathroom or fridge, so the feature of separate buttons becomes important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk