Big Horn 3750RL

Kardenl

We are considering the purchase of a 3750RL. We are new to the 5th wheel side of RVing having come from the travel trailer world. The concern we have is the length of the 41'9" units and getting them navigated through state park campgrounds. Many of the state parks and COE parks have site depth to handle the length, but the concern is the limited road space required to negotiate the turns and back in process. Does anyone have any input or feedback on towing the larger units and getting them safely situated in some of the smaller parks?

I appreciate any feedback.

THanks
KARDENL

danemayer

Hi Kardenl,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly.

Let me start by saying that our 39' Landmark fits pretty much anywhere. We've been in some pretty tight parks, but I generally prefer the ones that have more space. I check RVParkReviews.com to get a sense of how the park is for big rigs. User comments fill in the blanks.

WBG

WBGavin
Hi Kardenl,

We have a 38' 3570 RL and have pretty much avoided most state and National parks unless we have previously been there (without the rig) to see which if any sites were suitable for our rig. You are correct, the issue is usually insufficient turning room and overhanging branches which can inflict a lot of damage. It is just the price one pays for having all the luxury that your rig provides.
WBG

We have the same model you are considering. We are currently campground hosts at Emigrant Springs Oregon State Park. There are quite a few spaces here that will accommodate a 38ft RV. However, you do have to be careful due to the overhang of large trees...we lost our dryer vent cover backing in. It's a trade off between the comfort and space of a large RV and the easy accessibility of a smaller one. Since we live in ours we are willing to give up the access to have the room and comfort of our BH. We really do like our 3570 and there isn't much I would change about it that hasn't been addressed in the latest production of this model. I wish I'd known they were going to put the larger kitchen sink in the release after ours and I would have waited and ordered one later.

iowaone

We too prefer state parks and COE parks. We use an app called all stays to find parks look at their web sites, look at reviews and the satellite views to get a sense of weather we can get in or not. In the last two years of camping 4 to five months and moving at least every two weeks we have not felt very limited. Now we have been pulling a large 5th wheel on a limited basis for 7 years so have some experience. We have never reserved a site that we weren't viable to get into when we got there. Some we a challenge though. We have traveled from Iowa to North Carolina to Florida to Azonia to Colorado, Kansas so many states. My point is it can be done but it does take experience and research. Now it is not for a person who is not a it daring or worries all the time. You sort to have to make your choices which may change over time. I wouldn't go back to smaller unit unless it was under 30 ft. Only then would I gain much more acess to parks. All is balancing size, comfort and where you can go. I like comfort, plenty of room and being to be in state, local and COE parks and it works for us. Our unit is over 42 foot.