Big horn & f-350

lwmcguir

Absolutely. Checked the door sticker and the spec sheet from Ford...

Glad it tows well. Their wernt many 3:31' shipped to this part of the country so that was why I was curious. Love our truck, it is a great ride as well as TV. Sounds like you are having similar results and we are towing almost exactly the same weights.

letourno

Quebec Chapter Leader-retired
I guess that they did the 3.31 for Canada while the canadian dollar was worth $1.05US... The lower gear ratio saved us some fuel as we were paying the equivalent of $5/US Gallons... :p
Glad it tows well. Their wernt many 3:31' shipped to this part of the country so that was why I was curious. Love our truck, it is a great ride as well as TV. Sounds like you are having similar results and we are towing almost exactly the same weights.

tenglish

I am looking at a bighorn 36re (16000 lbs) & a f-350, 6.7 diesel, which rear end will i need, the 3.73 or 3.55, any help will be appreciated.

Now over 1 year with a new 2011 F350 crew cab 4x4 Lariat 172" WB, SRW with the 6.7 diesel and with the 3.55 towing a 2011 Bighorn 3610. Truck has 22,000 miles with 8,000 of that towing. Pulled the rig to Colorado from Calif over 12,000 ft mountains with zero problems. The automatic compression brakes were also terrific. Getting about 11 MPG towing and 17 in city without the Bighorn. The only thing I would do different is not order the camper package (it doesn't need it) as it rides too rough without the 5th wheel. With the 5th wheel, it tows like a dream..... 65 with cruse control. Easier than my Lincoln.
Tom

lwmcguir

We have pulled through the Rockies as well and have not had any of the former white knuckle moments as we did with the other TV's in the past. The engineering has resulted in an all around great truck. Last winter we had to park outside a few times in temps well below zero. Was very impressed how well it started then. You cant go wrong trying one for sure even if you think you like SOB. Trade in value is the highest ever should you change your mind. We are going to drive ours to at least 200K.

yepuhuh

Truck pulled the 5th wheel just fine up the hills and down the hills.
Now the sad part is we have 2 more nights before heading home after 2 weeks away .....:(