Big Horn Question

Dave

Traveling Two
Can the queen size bed(as shown in the Heartland brochue) in a BH 3185RL bedroom be replaced with a king size bed? Has anyone done this switch? Thanks for your input.

Dave

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Mattress Sizes

• Twin--39 x 75 inches (or 99 x 190 cm)
  • X-Long Twin--39 x 80 inches (99 x 203 cm)
  • Full--54 x 75 inches (137 x 190 cm)
  • Queen--60 x 80 inches (or 153 x 203 cm)
  • King--76 x 80 inches (or 198 x 203 cm)
  • California King--72 x 84 inches (or 182 x 213 cm

ihsolutions

We looked at the 3185 and the 3385 before buying our 3670, and if I recall, no, I don't think you could fit a King bed in there. Not sure I would want it, even if it was possible to modify. There wouldn't be much room left around the sides for walking? (then again maybe you are not like me, and DON'T get up twice in the night to use the restroom?? :)

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree. After my last SOB having a (pee wee)so called "Queen", I made a point of looking for a model with a King. I found out not all Rv "Kings & Queen's" are the same. Take a tape measure.
In the 3670 my replacement memory foam King is 72"x80" and it fits perfectly. My feet don't hang off the end of the bed.

Last edited:
Dave,
If you removed the side table on the right side looking forward and also removed the closet on the left side, you could probably fit a king in and have the slide close. You will not have any room on the right side and the you'll have to sit on the bed to access the built in bureau. Not worth it in my opinion but you didn't ask for that...