Big Horn Tires

Piperflyer

What make of tires are the big horns coming from the factory with? Did they finall discontinue the Towmax Tires

donr827

Since the factory can make changes to production at any time I would call HL customer service and ask for the BH brand manager. He can give you all of the latest information.
Don

sjandbj

On the Big Horns that i just saw arrive at the dealer yesterday they all had Sailun tires on them.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I believe I read somewhere that units made after June of this year have Sailun tires. That said, You may see an advertised 2016 unit that was manufactured before that, and has TowMax. I would work with your dealer to make sure the unit has tires you want before you complete the purchase.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
What make of tires are the big horns coming from the factory with? Did they finall discontinue the Towmax Tires

What did yours come with?

Our 2015 Prowler had BlowMax tires on it at the dealership . . .

But it didn't come home with the BlowMax's on it!

JLaM

We are about to take delivery of a 2016 Bighorn with the Sailun tires. We'd never heard of that brand so we started some research. Their web page says the tires are not warrantied outside of Canada?
Anyone have any issues with tires needing balancing?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It seems that Sailun tires have a good reputation. I would have no problem putting them on my trailer.
Trailer tires typically do not come balanced.
But they should be. I would get them balanced ASAP.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

We are about to take delivery of a 2016 Bighorn with the Sailun tires. We'd never heard of that brand so we started some research. Their web page says the tires are not warrantied outside of Canada?
Anyone have any issues with tires needing balancing?

You may have been looking at a Canadian warranty statement. Here's a link to the U.S. Warranty.

NHCelt

All Bighorns now have G rated tires....brand is not identified but I would suspect Sailun is now the only tire shipped...Towmax is not a G rated tire.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Our Big Horn 3875 cam with the Goodyear G614 tires as standard equipment.

Titanguy

Sailun Warranty. One of the best warranties in the industry. 1st. 50% Free Replacement

Attachments

• SAILUN ADVANTAGE WARRANTY.pdf
    309.3 KB · Views: 35

teasac69

My 2014 BH 3875 also came with 614's and they are great tires but I also know that the brake guy who also sells wheels and tires only carries two brands, Goodyear and Sailun. He wouldn't carry them if they weren't reliable. They are just a lower cost alternative to the Goodyear.

I have my set of 614's listed on the "for sale" side because I'm going to a 17.5 on my BH. you can read the listing and I don't want to highjack this thread to another for sale.

RVFun4Us

Titanguy,

The warranty you posted indicated for a Medium Radial Truck Tire. Doesn't mention the Sailun Trailer Tire. Is there a warranty for that also?