Big Horn vs. Big Country

Kiltedpig

Besides the floorpan differences, what are the main differences in the two lines? Are there any construction differences? I"m going full-time so construction is important.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thing that makes a difference between the two is that the Bighorn warranted for full time RVing.
That may be an important difference for you since you stated you will be living in it.

As already mentioned they are built on the same line and have mostly the same construction but there are some differences.
The Bighorn for example has a memory foam mattress. That is just one of the subtle differences which are mostly having things a bit nicer in the Bighorn.

You really should visit both models to see the differences for yourself.

Peace
Dave

gasman

Camp Socializer
One thing that makes a difference between the two is that the Bighorn warranted for full time RVing.
That may be an important difference for you since you stated you will be living in it.

As already mentioned they are built on the same line and have mostly the same construction but there are some differences.
The Bighorn for example has a memory foam mattress. That is just one of the subtle differences which are mostly having things a bit nicer in the Bighorn.

Peace
Dave

Our Big Country paperwork indicates that it is warranted for full time use also.

SNOKING

Peace
Dave

Not many use the OEM memory foam mattress very long before replacing it.

I have heard that a lot of extra cost options on the BC are standard on the BH. The BC lacks a rear cap which was a show stopper for us.

We love are 2017 BH3575el and are living in it now. To us the butler pantry counter top was a big plus.

Chris

VKTalley

Peace
Dave

Dave, the Big Country is warranted for Fulltime living. I live fulltime in one. 😊 Most of the differences between BC and BH are in options and amenities.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have in my hands three brochures, Bighorn, Big Country and Landmark.
Only the Landmark and Bighorn brochures state that they are warranted for full time use.
Full time warranty for all three is great.

Peace
Dave

VKTalley

I have in my hands three brochures, Bighorn, Big Country and Landmark.
Only the Landmark and Bighorn brochures state that they are warranted for full time use.
Full time warranty for all three is great.

Peace
Dave

That's interesting...considering BC is classed a full-time rig...with all the "all-season" stickers on the rig.

SNOKING

That's interesting...considering BC is classed a full-time rig...with all the "all-season" stickers on the rig.

I just went to the BC section of the heartland site and down loaded the BC literature PDF and it says "Warranty for Full Time RVing for the snowbird in all of us". Chris

'. Chris

farside291

I think most would agree that even though all three state full time they all need improvements In certain areas. For example, those darn short faucets in the bathroom☺ Those were the first things DW had me change.

VKTalley

I think most would agree that even though all three state full time they all need improvements In certain areas. For example, those darn short faucets in the bathroom☺ Those were the first things DW had me change.

You are so right about those faucets! We changed ours out too.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You are so right about those faucets! We changed ours out too.

Yes, bathroom got changed about a 3 months into ownership. Would have done it sooner, but tried to find a good quality faucet without spending an arm and a leg. This is a Price Pfister.
44ad5d579107a52e0be92cf5eaed40df.jpg
003977dbebb93487a74b913fc8afa84b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farside291

Its been so Hot the last couple of weeks here in East Texas (until this week), we had to put the silver Reflectix material over all of the windows facing the sun. We couldn't get the RV below 85 during the day. With the Reflectix on the windows we were able to cool down to 78 even though the unit is in direct sun with no shade what so ever with temps in the upper 90s. Thinking about leaving it up this winter seeing if it helps even out the temperatures within the RV. Sooo, even though they state 4 season our BC still needs some help with AC and Heating.

Piperflyer

Its been so Hot the last couple of weeks here in East Texas (until this week), we had to put the silver Reflectix material over all of the windows facing the sun. We couldn't get the RV below 85 during the day. With the Reflectix on the windows we were able to cool down to 78 even though the unit is in direct sun with no shade what so ever with temps in the upper 90s. Thinking about leaving it up this winter seeing if it helps even out the temperatures within the RV. Sooo, even though they state 4 season our BC still needs some help with AC and Heating.

BH is the same way, none of them have enough insulation

SNOKING

We have had some 96 degree days here in Gold Canyon Az. Without the awnings out we are getting to 78 inside during the day. If the wind stays down and we can leave both awnings out we can maintain 72 degrees.This is with the door side to the South and NO trees around at all, and single pain windows. We close the night shades during the hot part of the day while the sun is hitting them. Both ACs are left on 72. The bedroom unit was short cycling a lot at night. So I put tape over the little grill on top and bottom of the thermostat. Darlene said it came on once last night and ran much longer.

Yesterday we signed papers on a new park model and Arizona room to be built here at our park (Canyon Vistas RV Resort), so we will only be summer residents in the Bighorn.

Chris

danemayer

It's hard to cool these large rigs, especially with the heat transfer through the windows - especially when the windows are in the direct sun.

If you want the rig to stay cool in hot climates, you need to stay ahead of the heat. Cool the rig down into the 60s in the morning. Once the air conditioners fall behind, they can't catch up in the heat of the day. Or get a Landmark 365 or Cyclone with 3 air conditioners.

Our owner-written Heating and Cooling Guide explains more.

SLO

Yes, bathroom got changed about a 3 months into ownership. Would have done it sooner, but tried to find a good quality faucet without spending an arm and a leg. This is a Price Pfister.
44ad5d579107a52e0be92cf5eaed40df.jpg
003977dbebb93487a74b913fc8afa84b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Price Pfister stole Moen's mounting system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk