Bighorn 3160 elite Slider issue

Brireey1600

Just purchased a new 2016 Bighorn 3160 elite. The kitchen slider side was not working. The ear on the bracket that holds the piston broke off. Have reservations in Grand Canyon for a week had to cancel the first day. This happened on a Saturday evening and will not be able to contact dealer until Monday. Looks like an easy fix but slider is out and cannot drive the rig. Hoping for good Customer service from dealership and availability of the part when I call on Monday so I can make it to the Grand Canyon. Would hate to have to cancel the trip completely. Has anyone else have this type of problem with the piston bracket

danemayer

There's a square cross-over bar between the rack and pinion gears. Maybe you can use a wrench to manually retract the slide room.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Do you have pictures ?
You can do as Dan said and move it in with a wrench or just pull the ram in and push it in with 3 or 4 guy's. BUT REMEMBER the is nothing holding it in while you travel so you may have to use a ratchet strap or something like that to secure it.
If it were me, I would have a mobile welder come out ore take it to him and do a temporary fix. Just weld that ear back on or a good welder may even make a new one. That would allow you to do your trip and use the coach while you wait for the new parts.

Brireey1600

Do you have pictures ?
You can do as Dan said and move it in with a wrench or just pull the ram in and push it in with 3 or 4 guy's. BUT REMEMBER the is nothing holding it in while you travel so you may have to use a ratchet strap or something like that to secure it.
If it were me, I would have a mobile welder come out ore take it to him and do a temporary fix. Just weld that ear back on or a good welder may even make a new one. That would allow you to do your trip and use the coach while you wait for the new parts.

I am concerned about the warranty until I talk to the dealer. I was hoping he would have the bracket and let me install it. There is only one nut and a bolt to remove. The adjustments will be the same.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If you talk to Heartland today I'm sure they will authorize a temporary repair. I really doubt your dealer will have that part in stock.
But it would sure be nice if they did. Good luck and give use an update

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Brireey1600

Got the slide fixed today. Have to give LaMesa RV in Phoenix a lot of credit. They got me in and made the repair while I waited. Thanks for everyone's reply. Dan the advice on bringing in the slide helped and was easy to do. I secured it with a ratchet strap for travel to the dealer.

Brireey1600

They did not replace the bracket. They welded on a new angle iron to replace the broken angle bracket. They got approval from Heartland.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Awesome glad it's fixed.
Is a temporary fix or are they calling good ?
Sorry for all the questions I'm just curious how Heartland is handling it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Brireey1600

They are calling it good unless I demand the new bracket. But the fix looks stronger than the original. At this point I am happy and satisfied with the fix. And will be heading to the Grand Canyon in the AM