Bighorn 3500 Living room TV

Holoholo

How do you access the back of the living room TV. It does NOT swival out to get to the back, plugs etc. We were talking to the Insignia help desk to try resolve the channel search issue and they wanted us to unplug the tv for a hard reset. NO way could I get to the back. The TV seems to be permanently mounted above the fireplace. I had to pull the fuze to that area which killed the TV for a hard reset. However that did not work, still no TV.

We had channels for one day then nothing and can not get to come back. (are able to watch DVD movies so the TV does work) Insignia help desk (which was not really THAT helpful) suggested maybe there was a bad connection between antenna and the TV. The bedroom TV also has same problem so not just that unit.

Anyone have problems with the channel search to watch TV from the antenna? Tried moving antenna in different directions for channel search.

How would you ever access the back of that TV?

How/where access the cable from Antenna to TV to check continuity?

Anyone ever have Geek Squad to do a system check?

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Holoholo,

I can't say for sure on your rig, but on some, the piece of wood trim above the TV must be removed. Then a screw that locks the mounting bracket in place has to be loosened. The screw is accessed by a screwdriver pointing up along the back of the TV. I've posted a side view of what some of the brackets are like.

Once the wood trim is out and the screw is loose, the bottom of the TV can be pivoted away from the wall slightly and the TV can be lifted up off the upper mounting bracket.

It helps to have 2 people - 1 to hold the TV while the other checks that the wires are in place.

Attachments

• TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg
    TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 40

CDN

B and B
Hello,
The plug is in the cupboard above the TV. As far as removing the TV underneath there are two brackets with screws lift up carefully and it will come off the mount. Make sure the power switch is turned on for the antenna plate usually in the closet.

NYSUPstater

We removed the tv in LR a couple of times 1st year we owned coach. Although the RV is in storage right now w/no access to it, I want to say like dane said, it's a 2 person job, but there were 2 brackets along the bottom. Sadly, I do not recall at this time what we did after this.

RoadJunkie

My 2017 BH has two brackets below the TV, one on each side. Each bracket is held by a single screw. On my unit, I removed the screws which freed up the TV to be lifted off of the wall bracket. There were no screws that needed to be loosened on the mounting bracket. I used a blanket at the base of the TV during the removal process to prevent scratches to the woodwork. In the picture you will see two hooks that slide onto the mounting bracket. Reverse the process to reinstall.

fullsizeoutput_361.jpg

Attachments

• 20171004_142007.jpg
    20171004_142007.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 13

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You mentioned that you have the same problem with the bedroom TV. Are you sure the antenna signal booster is turned on?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

If the Signal Booster appears to be ON, also check the 12V DC blade-type fuse in your fuse box. The Signal Booster LED can still illuminate even when the fuse is blown.

Dmm8535

I had a similar problem with my brand new 3560ss that we picked up 12/18. Walk thru everything worked on both tv’s. Had to take booster off the wall and both cable connectors fell off cables. Replaced all the connectors and all works great.