Bighorn complete redesign

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
af45cf6360419f09cb05f118acff0839.jpg

Heartland Makes ‘Complete Redesign’ to Bighorn

OCTOBER 15, 2018

by: RV PRO Staff
Heartland RV recently announced that its Bighorn line has gone through a complete redesign for 2019 to appeal to a much younger, full-time and extended stay buyer.

“The demographics have changed for luxury fifth-wheels and once again Bighorn is positioned to be the industry leader,” said Tom Montague, Bighorn’s general manager. “We reshaped the entire line to appeal to a younger demographic that is fast becoming a very important sector in the fifth-wheel marketplace.”

Heartland rolled out five new Bighorn floorplans for the 2019 line and showcased three new Traveler models during the Elkhart RV Open House, sporting new interior and exterior schemes along with a wide selection of features that target tech-savvy RVers.

“The Bighorn brand is Heartland’s leading luxury fifth wheel brand,” said Coley Brady, vice president of sales and marketing. “Our team raised the bar and our dealers responded to the upgrades and advances in technology.”

Montague reported that the new 3925MLP Big Horn Traveler led Heartland’s record-setting sales on the first day of Open House, which annually draws thousands of dealers to Elkhart. The model offers a full walk-in pantry and laundry room off the kitchen equipped with full washer and dryer hook-ups and a versatile laundry tub with hot and cold water.

“The Bighorn fifth wheel has established tremendous brand loyalty with RVers over the years,” said Chris Hermon, Heartland president. “They recognize that Bighorn is a brand that has always separated itself from the pack with features that set new directions in the industry. … Our 2019 line is no exception. Tom and his team identified the demands from those younger RVers that require all the technology upgrades that fit their lifestyle. We responded with a fifth wheel that truly hones in on what’s important to that demographic.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkkmcjo

Excited to hear about the Big Horn re-design! Can't wait to see the new rigs... any idea when they might show up on the Heartland website, or better yet on dealer lots?

As I discussed in another thread, will there be any of the smaller floor plans, like the 3010RE or the 3270RL with UVW's of close to 12K or less? I would love to have the quality construction, fit and finish, and value of a Big Horn, but still be able to dry camp in a National Forest campground...

The only other company to produce luxury Z frame, well appointed, but SMALLER fifth wheels is Grand Design, with the Solitude line (310GK, @34'11'', UVW 12100) and the new Solitude S-Class (2930RL @ 34'4'' and UVW of 11,442). It may be a smaller market... but there still is a market for those that want a 35' or less luxury 5er.

I could shop Grand Design, but I have always wanted a Big Horn!

SNOKING

Wow, only one that is truly SRW 350/3500 towable in the 3160. Only two units under 40 foot. Glad we have our 2017 BH3575el.

Kbvols

Wow, only one that is truly SRW 350/3500 towable in the 3160. Only two units under 40 foot. Glad we have our 2017 BH3575el.

Yep go really big or go to another brand basically seems to be the premise. Like you glad we have our 3575 also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

Excited to hear about the Big Horn re-design! Can't wait to see the new rigs... any idea when they might show up on the Heartland website, or better yet on dealer lots?

As I discussed in another thread, will there be any of the smaller floor plans, like the 3010RE or the 3270RL with UVW's of close to 12K or less? I would love to have the quality construction, fit and finish, and value of a Big Horn, but still be able to dry camp in a National Forest campground...

The only other company to produce luxury Z frame, well appointed, but SMALLER fifth wheels is Grand Design, with the Solitude line (310GK, @34'11'', UVW 12100) and the new Solitude S-Class (2930RL @ 34'4'' and UVW of 11,442). It may be a smaller market... but there still is a market for those that want a 35' or less luxury 5er.

I could shop Grand Design, but I have always wanted a Big Horn!

We wouldn’t trade our 3270 for anything. Sure glad we ordered it when we did. As you said there is a market for the 35 ft Rv. We looked at Grand Desgn and Montana, but liked the Bighorn so much better. Lucky for us Heartland was making 35 footers.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wonder if the Big Horn Traveler's are supposed to take the place of the smaller Big Horn's... :confused: