Bighorn launches Facebook Fan Page!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Old school here. Don't do Facebook. Stubborn, I guess. (DW does.)
If a person is a member here, what more can be done on Facebook that can't be done here?
Just asking. Trace

I realize this thread was over a year old, before someone dug it up.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Old school here. Don't do Facebook. Stubborn, I guess.
If a person is a member here, what more can be done on Facebook that can't be done here?
Just asking. Trace

I realize this thread was over a year old.

I deactivated my Facebook account a while ago. Too much junk, too invasive, and questionable security. I especially got tired of the notices that someone "answered a question about me." Just a fishing trip by the little nerds that run it to get your e-mail address book.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I deactivated my Facebook account a while ago. Too much junk, too invasive, and questionable security. I especially got tired of the notices that someone "answered a question about me." Just a fishing trip by the little nerds that run it to get your e-mail address book.

John,
That's kind of what I was thinking about it.

GOTTOYS

I'm on Facebook but in all honesty I just don't get it. Having a hard time trying to find what is so exciting about a bunch of one or two line comments mostly about nothing. Maybe it's a generational thing..Don

jbeletti

Hi guys,

Like anything, Facebook is not for everyone - that's for sure :)

For a business, it's merely another way to reach prospective buyers. You're right also that in large part, it's a tool used by a younger generation. Especially women. For a business to not have a Facebook presence these days is like not having a website. Facebook by businesses is not usually used the same way as a website. We have minimal information our product pages and provide it merely as another way to find us and to ultimately push you to the HRV website.

For personal use, it's a whole different thing. Again, not for everyone, but it's a great way to keep up with friends and family and quickly update them on what's going on with you. Nancy and I use our personal Facebook accounts to let our friends and family know where we are and what we're doing. To share with them, pictures and other information about our experiences. Not unlike you might do by phone, letter, in-person or even email. We do that too

So, it's okay to not do Facebook as it does not replace other means of communication and sharing. It's just another tool and one that resonates more with the younger generation.

Jim

PS: Click link above the Facebook icon below in my signature to friend me and see what I am up to, outside of Heartland :)

DW_Gray

Well said Jim. Just exactly what I was thinking and would have said. I too have learned the importance of using Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin to promote FifthWheelSt.com.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm on Facebook but in all honesty I just don't get it. Having a hard time trying to find what is so exciting about a bunch of one or two line comments mostly about nothing. Maybe it's a generational thing..Don

For us Facebook lets us keep up with whats going on with our kids that live on different sides of the US. And also very nice for pictures and videos of our brand new grandkids. With out those we would be missing everything!

msabel

There is over a billion people on facebook, so there must be something good about it. They can't all be wrong.

danemayer

This is a pretty old thread and since it was posted, I believe all the various Heartland Brand pages on Facebook have been consolidated into a single Heartland RV page.

GregBassine

Hey Jim,

Am I missing something? It looks like a Heartland fan page, not just a Bighorn fan page. Is there something I need to do just to see Bighorn posts?

Thanks as always, see you and yours in Vegas.

Greg

Hey Bighorn owners!

Heartland has launched a Bighorn Fan Page on Facebook to further extend the reach of the Bighorn community.

Use it to connect and extend your current network of family and friends with your passion for RVing and your Bighorn!

Check it out here:
https://www.facebook.com/heartlandrv

We'd love to get 25 fans as soon as we can in order to get a vanity URL for the page from Facebook.

Have fun!

Jim Beletti
Admin, Heartland Owners Forum

View attachment 7311