Bighorn - Level Up Emergency procedures

galnelson

I recently was getting ready to pull out of a park, when, to my dismay I couldn't raise my jacks. the display read EXTERIOR SENSOR ERROR. I called Lippert and they walked me through a way to raise the jacks by using the display touch pad. First they had me disconnect the power to the display touch pad (fuse) then after 30 seconds reconnect the fuse. It then reads ZERO POINT CALIBRATE. Then they had me touch some other buttons and I was able to raise the jacks & move the 5th wheel. Now I have it home and lowered the rear & center jacks. somehow I got the passenger side wheesl off the ground and the error code came on again. I forgot the final steps that the factory guy told me to to raise the jacks If you could give me instructions on how to accomplish this task I would be forever grateful. Also, I have read in the manual that this error code means that there is a bad connection or the exterior sensor is bad. Could you tell me where it is located? It seems that it could be a simple fix that I could do myself. My 5th wheel is a 2014, 3010RE.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: Bighorn - Level Up Emergency proceedures

I assume you are in manual mode and you would push the retract button, the red light will come on, noting that you are in retract mode. Is that not working ?

galnelson

Re: Bighorn - Level Up Emergency proceedures

No its not in retract mode. The display EXTERNAL SENSOR stays on, therefore you can't do anything its locked on that error code. The only thing that you can do is take the fuse out for 30 seconds and put it back in. Then you hit front 10 times then rear ten times and that zeros it out. The factory guy had me do something else then, but I have forgotten what it was he had me do to get the rear and mid Jacks up. I am going to call again today and write down the procedure.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ok and hitting Enter doesn't clear the code I take it ?
Found this online from my phone my be hard to read.
http://www.lci1.com/support-level-up
1fc2a509bc0139125549f0f7307d3639.jpg
277d50cd33a3c53b4e3a336124b9ad91.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk