Bighorn - Lug nut size for 2008 Big Horn 3055RTL

DougKirby

Hi, I am approaching a few companies for quotes to do a conversion from drum to disc brakes, one question they have asked that I am unable to answer is what is the wheel lug nut size, please confirm this and also the diameter of the lug nut stud.
The axles are marked 6000#.
The full VIN number is - 5SFGF302X8E009218
Thank you.

mlpeloquin

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Lug nut size for 2008 Big Horn 3055RTL

Take a good look with a mirror. Should be stamped on the lug nut near the base on one of the sides.

DougKirby

Take a good look with a mirror. Should be stamped on the lug nut near the base on one of the sides.

Thank you for your reply, my RV is stored in Kansas City, I live and am currently in New Zealand, I am trying to get disc brake conversion quotes and a supplier selected before I am over in the US again in April to have the work done soon after I arrive. Regards Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

Mine are 9/16". I have 6K axels, but did have the 7K brakes on it. I had to verify this when I ordered the disk break conversion that I had installed at the Los Vegas rally.

DougKirby

Mine are 9/16". I have 6K axels, but did have the 7K brakes on it. I had to verify this when I ordered the disk break conversion that I had installed at the Los Vegas rally.

Thank you, I see that 9/16" is the biggest stud size listed on one site I am looking at so if I price up for that and they are smaller I guess the final price will come in a bit less. Thanks very much you have been extremely helpful, all the best and safe travels regards Doug.

jbeletti

Hi Doug,

It's unlikely that the factory will reply here but you're getting great info from others. Your 2008 Bighorn 3055 likely has Lippert axles. A couple years later and Heartland shifted to Dexter.

Consider contacting Heartland Customer Service at service@heartlandrvs.com (877-262-8032 - likely North America only). They may be able to lookup your VIN to determine what hubs were on those axles - maybe.

Failing that, consider contacting Lippert at warranty@lci1.com (866-524-7821 - likely for North America only). They may be able to confirm what hubs they typically shipped with those axles.

Third option - contact Performance Trailer Braking at info@performancetrailerbraking.com (405-626-7009) with the info you have. It may be enough for them to determine your disc brake needs.